50# vs 58# Doubles Wings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

before you decide the 50 does not have enough lift consider that my 50 has none of the lift trapped when in use unlike some others. i have zero issues using it with my double 104's pst and a few 80's stages in a drysuit.

I find both of the hog offerings to be inadequate. I have the 58# horseshoe wing. That provides adequate lift for my kit but is suboptimal in its shape (my opinion). The 50# wing has the shape I prefer but has inadequate lift for my application. Chris keeps coming out with new equipment every few months so I have to believe that he'll have more options eventually. I'm making the horseshoe work for now, but I'd prefer the donut.

---------- Post added April 30th, 2012 at 10:14 AM ----------

I intended the 35 double donut for divers using doubled alum. 80's. it's perfect for that and also what I personally dive warm ocean wet using stages as my actual gas(easier than lugging around multiple double sets).

Thanks for all the info everyone. In the end my GUE instructor got back to me and reccomended the 35# Donut for now.

Cheers

---------- Post added April 30th, 2012 at 10:16 AM ----------

no it's not, I've used it with an alm 80 and a single steel 130. With the 80 I would prefer my new 23 but I live in a warmer area

Your point about the fabers we get here interests me.

Is the 32# single wing designed for wider tanks than the Fabers we use down here?

a 35lb donut doubles wing and a 50lb are both now available, going up on web today

I was just checking your site and the 50# is not there. Is it out?

I was just checking your site and the 50# is not there. Is it out?

they showed up the day before I flew to California for two weeks, then was here all of a day and gones again. I get back Monday and it's phoot shoot time!

I actually was diving the 50 today with my 104 doubles nd no stages and was thinking the 35 would have worked...of course I was dry suit and in cave

Looking forward to buying the 50# Wing. I dive with HP100s and I find the 58# wing slightly too large and more buoyancy than I need. There is a slight taco effect with the 58# wing which is not bad when using them with my HP100s. I should have originally purchased the 38# wing but I also dive with LP95s cylinders which I find the 58# wing works great with.

I think the 50# wing looks great and hoping it will work well with both my HP100s and LP95s.

Can one have too many HOG wings? Gotta collect them all I guess..

they showed up the day before I flew to California for two weeks, then was here all of a day and gones again. I get back Monday and it's phoot shoot time!

I actually was diving the 50 today with my 104 doubles nd no stages and was thinking the 35 would have worked...of course I was dry suit and in cave

Hi! I know you have at lot to do right now but I'm curious about the 50 and 35 wing. Will they be going up on your web soon? I know diverightinscuba.com have them on their web, but maybe you have some more picture of them. And maby Approximate dimensions.

No rush :)

Regards Marcus

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom