Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

greenflash1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
You can see my setup. I have been taking underwater photos for over 20YRS.
My problem is when I shot with a Nikonis or a Housed Camera there were alway other Buffs with similar rigs to help out. Plus I used to dive a lot more. Since I got this Camera
I have run into no one with the same type rig (Livaboards 25 Dives a year) I get some real good pictures but I leave it set on "A" and it goes off seconds after I take the shot.
So its all luck! Can someone that uses this kind of rig, give me some Tips!

There are at least a dozen or 2 of us with basically the same rig as your here on this board and many more compairable setups. My first suggestion is to move away from any programmed (P/A/S) mode and use manual. Those modes work well above water but were not designed for underwater use. Manual is not really as hard as it may first appear and is really the only way to get the pictures you want. There have been lots of post on camera setups here and links to other web sites with information. Do a search on this board for 5050.

greenflash1:
So its all luck! Can someone that uses this kind of rig, give me some Tips!
==================================

As the previous poster said, there are plent of us here using the C5050Z.

Take a look at this link:

http://www.splashdowndivers.com/photo_gallery/underwater_photography/index.html

Not the be-all/end-all in terms of getting the best shots from your camera but an excellent place to start in terms of taking the camera off of autopilot and creating some parameter sets (My Modes) that can be called with 1 - 2 button pushes under water.

The 5050 rocks and has a lot of capabilities you are missing out on in the Auto Mode. That said ...u/w photo is a lot about luck regardless of what camera/mode being used.

'Slogger

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom