6th Annual after ThanksGiving Turkey Fry & CleanUp 11/29/08 Sponsored IPB ScubaQuest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would highly recommend that this event be moved to the service club park.

1. Parking. We are getting too big for parking at Alhambra, it's getting to be a nightmare and the walks are getting very long. Additionally (not that I care), but the condo snowbirds are just plain jerks.

2. Bathrooms.

3. Showers.

4. Parking.

1. Parking. We are getting too big for parking at Alhambra, it's getting to be a nightmare and the walks are getting very long. Additionally (not that I care), but the condo snowbirds are just plain jerks.

2. Bathrooms.

3. Showers.

4. Parking.

I hear ya ReefGuy but if we move to Service Club, I can't bring the yak. How about the new park next to Sharky's? It has even more parking than Service Club as well as all the other amenities. And, I can still bring my yak.:D

2. Bathrooms.

3. Showers.

4. Parking.

We had around 100 people for last years event and table space was the only issue I was aware of. I think that issue has been taken care of. Unless something has changed there I see no need to move since everyone knows how to get there and where to dive.

Roxanne and I will be attending this event and will bring another turkey to fry.
What size is needed to fry ? 1-20lb 2-10lbs ????
Whoever is doing the frying please let me know.

We can't wait to see everyone.

Roxanne and I will be attending this event and will bring another turkey to fry.
What size is needed to fry ? 1-20lb 2-10lbs ????
Whoever is doing the frying please let me know.

Hoping Truck1 makes it and will be doing the frying with his fryer. Alternately he said he'd get the fryer to me for us to use. Will get him over here posting so he can tell us what size the fryer is. Wait if he is not there, does that mean I may be doing the frying? :scared:

Moving of this event is definitely an issue that should be explored. Tracey, I'll PM you on this. :)

I tell ya, its a shame we don't have fire rings on the beach so we can have a lil bon fire. I have a feeling we're going to have a coool winter!

Jeff, I need a drysuit!

Yeah, I need more time off to get a dive up there. I found a nice Lemon Shark tooth in the van today and remembered its been since... umm.. birthday bash since I dove last!

Unfortunately I am in a holdng pattern right now due to family issues. My fryer can hold up to a 20+ pound burd BUT the bigger the bird the longer it takes to cook and you run a chance of not cooking it completely.
Plans are being made in case I cant make it. As I pmed Missd, the best thing to do with the bird size is to figure out how many people are going to show and then figure about 1/2-3/4 pound of bird per person.(We have run out in the past so hopefully this should correct it.) I am thinking about a 15-17 pound bird per person that is willing to bring one.Assuming that 3 people are willing to bring one each.That will put us about 45-50 pounds of bird which should cover it, assuming 100 people again. I would wait a little while longer, and get a more accurate count as to whom is going since it is still early in the planing stages.

Cardzard - round about 15 pounds - already thawed. It fits a 20lb'er but it is tight so ten to 15 is perfect, per Truck. :)

Actually, as I am sure he won't mind here is what he said in his pm:
I am thinking about 15 pound birds.Usually about 3-5 minutes per pound is the norm. As long as it is not frozen.

Edit: Truck beat me to it.... see above :)

I already PM'd Truck1. I should be able to get the fryer over if he can't make it. I may also be able to score another gas fryer for the weekend. I'll let you know... gotta make a few calls.

I will have 2 or 4 of us coming (2 or 3 divers) depending on who visits for the holiday.

Does Venice crack down on alcohol like Volusia County does on the beaches? If careful and unmarked, can we get away with a casual cocktail or two?

Why not? do they have rules agenst them?

No, the beach access has extensive boardwalks which are difficult to navigate with the yak.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom