7/5/3 Trilistic Superstretch wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SkipperJohn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Having just completed my first dive not in the Caribbean I used an old (other manufacturers) 7 mm wetsuit that had shrunk and hardened. I am STRONGLY considering the Marse 7/5/3 Trilistic Superstretch suit. One of the sites I was looking to order it from had buyers comments that ranged form the suit running large for the advertised size and others said it ran small.
I am just a little over 6'3", weigh 202 lbs with a 35" waist, 46" chest. The best size for me seems to be the XL which is on the chart as:
41-46" chest
35-38" waist
180-203 pounds
6' to 6'2" tall

My LDS says I am a large. I own a shorty that fits me fine and is a large. I can live with slightly short sleeves and legs- I have good tolerance to cold.
I guess my question is, do you think this suit will fit? Does it run large or does it run small? Should I opt for the XXL (I have to think this is for people who are more robust than I am).

Hi there I am going to suggest the XL. Only because you are tall. The material is very stretchy but, comfort is more important. Please remember nothing compares to trying one.

Good luck

Thanks, my impatience won out so I'll know for sure in a day or 2. I'll let you know.

Well, it's been over a month and here's what happened.
I ordered the XL and after putting it on my GF said it was too small. Now a few weeks earlier I dove with a WAY too small wetsuit that actually tore my hands as I struggled to put on this antique monster I rented form my LDS. With this in mind I called the store that sold me the XL and they said, and I quote, "Mares is Italian so they run small, you'll need the XXL".
I didn't bother to mention I was Italian and far from small (at least far from short (6'4") which is what he seemed to be implying).
When it arrived I tried on both and ended up returning the XL. Now... I never in my life wore anything XXL. I have to tell you this has been on my mind the last month. I hope I made the right decision.
Anyway, the collar on the suit is way too large for my neck. It velcros closed. Is there anything I could do to add some velcro to get a better fit? (assuming the rest of it isn't too big)

Last edited:
I went a size larger cause im a tall girl 5 ft 10 ...it was way big on me had to get smaller size ..it said went to 5 ft 7 ,,,,but it fit fine ...so dont go big get the right size that fits you...they run long ...at least the womens do...

no get your size i went with the bigger size and it was way to big ...had to send back for smaller size ..i was worried cause im 5ft 10 thought smaller size would be to short but it fit fine ...runs long but true to size

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom