7 Foot Bull Shark Attacks Diver Off Riviera Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've seen sharks whose behavior changed due to being fed lionfish. At first somewhat amusing but soon enough I found them too aggressive. No amount of barking would deter them. My buddy and I were very careful to keep our hands tucked under our arm pits.

Last edited:
I'm relatively new to diving but have spent 50 years tramping around the forests of British Columbia and Alberta and the deserts of Arizona and Utah. I'm not going to feed anything to any wild creature. It's hazardous to humans and it alters the animals' natural behaviour, neither of which is a positive outcome. The most common injury in the Grand Canyon is a squirrel bite, because tourists can't resist feeding the cute little creatures.....fortunately they can't take off your arm or your leg. Chumming sharks is like me going on a hike with a dead salmon strapped to my back. I'll probably get away with it for a while, but eventually a "garbage" bear is going to show up and want to get a lot closer to me than is good for either of us.

Back
Top Bottom