72cf or 80cf steel tank in Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

out of curiosity, why dont you want an LP tank?

My lp 72's weight exactly 30lbs

out of curiosity, why dont you want an LP tank?

My lp 72's weight exactly 30lbs
Sure. Two reasons. First, my info (Huron Scuba and Tech Diving) indicates that LP tanks, at any given capacity, are roughly 5-8 lbs heavier than comparable standard pressure or high pressure tanks. (I understand that the sources I referenced are incomplete and not up-to-date. In particular the tanks you own don't appear on these charts.)

Second, I understand that two key benefits of LP tanks are price and the fact that they can be overfilled. I prefer not to deal with overfilling. I'm not certain my local shops would overfill an LP tank. (I don't dive in FL cave country where I'm lead to believe this is not uncommon) And I don't like the idea of stressing a tank like that especially in south Florida where summer heat can be a real stressor on filled tanks - much less overfilled tanks.

I didn't realize that your tanks were 30 lbs. empty. Even so I don't want to overfill my tanks.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :D

I have 2 80's but they are din your yoke regulator is not rated for high pressure & you will blow o rings or your regulator. you can change the valves if you want but you would be better off diving din it is the safer way to go they are both in hydro & vis I would take $400 cash for the pair or $225 each if you dont want the pair I can be reached at 941 809-2452 my name is todd

I forgot to mention that they are in Pt Charlotte right now

I have 2 80's but they are din your yoke regulator is not rated for high pressure & you will blow o rings or your regulator. you can change the valves if you want but you would be better off diving din it is the safer way to go they are both in hydro & vis I would take $400 cash for the pair or $225 each if you dont want the pair I can be reached at 941 809-2452 my name is todd

Most modern day yoke regs can be used with HP tanks without a problem. Most new hp tanks even come with a convertable din/yoke valve.

Back
Top Bottom