750 lb hammerhead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I enjoy hunting and fishing. I only harvest what I can eat and eat what I harvest. But, every once in a while I come across an animal that should be left alone. This was one.

Sharks are part of a balanced ecosystem.

Unfortunately the thought of some yahoo's catching a creature like that and killing it by exhausting it to shock and then dragging it aboard. It's best that it was buried and not tossed back without making sure it was ok to go back in the sea and die a poor waste.

yeah.. not much to reccomend catching this shark, and lots to reccomend leaving
it alone ...

One day things like this will come back on all of us. Stupidity...Sad, miserable stupidity.

Brand new to this forum and this is what I come across. Bummer. I've not yet seen a shark while diving yet (hopefully to be remedied next week) and now there's one less to see for the sake of ego. Is your name in a book really that important? This is how you want your 15 minutes of fame? :shakehead

What a waste to kill such a magnificent creature. It must have been very old to grow that big.

And to just bury it somewhere. Why didn't they just eat it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom