800 Year old ship - raised out of 65 feet of water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting story and I like the fact they are setting it up so people can watch the recovery of the items on board.

Always wanted to visit China. I checked up on it and they recommended hooking up with a tourist outfit. I dont want to do that. I'd like to wander around different places with a guide/interpretor. They assured me that that would be fine for a fee and that a gov't dude would be with me all the time so as not to be talking with the wrong people. Wrong people being those who oppose the communist party. Also that I would have to pay this guy's wages, board and feed him while he was along, keeping an eye on the 'subjects'.

I wonder if that's still true, you may need to hit the real country life there because the cities are wide open. I traveled in Russia 20+ yrs ago when it was still "closed" and it was exciting as I was trading goods blackmarket- but those days are over. China is the most capitalistic country on
the planet in my book.

Good luck though, a lot of adventure awaits in the corners of the globe.

hmmm... on second thought...

Always wanted to visit China. I checked up on it and they recommended hooking up with a tourist outfit. I dont want to do that. I'd like to wander around different places with a guide/interpretor. They assured me that that would be fine for a fee and that a gov't dude would be with me all the time so as not to be talking with the wrong people. Wrong people being those who oppose the communist party. Also that I would have to pay this guy's wages, board and feed him while he was along, keeping an eye on the 'subjects'.

If you go to China i'd definitely recommend a private tour guide. I had one there in July and he was awesome. Then, after that, take a few days to go around by yourself or wherever the guide does not take you.

-Cliff

Back
Top Bottom