85m air dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well it had to start somewhere...

True. After 3 seconds of googling the earliest record I can find is Nov 2004 on Urban Dictionary. Is this before or after it started becoming used in the Tech area?

Cos, you might be able to claim royalties or something...

True. After 3 seconds of googling the earliest record I can find is Nov 2004 on Urban Dictionary. Is this before or after it started becoming used in the Tech area?

It wasn't my creation. Maybe I don't want to know, or I may have to pay royalties... :rofl3:

Apparently I don't get out as much as you. :)

4908526377_3aa584bc85.jpg

Google "Rocket Surgery": About 2,320,000 results.

August 22, 2004 from the commercial diving forum. Unfortunately that thread is no longer available on the public section of the board:

We have a saying on the jobsite "it ain't rocket surgery" it is just diving and basic labor in most cases, for myself the reason I support increasing legislation and regulatory control is that at a supervisory level there is much more involved from knowing how to respond to diving casualties to knowing how to orginize a salvage operations.

Bob... the rocket scientist.

fQ84b.jpg

Rocket surgery is when the maintenance guys pull the missile out of the hole to do majory fixes and have to swap rockets.
Well, as a Missile Launch officer that's what it was, anyway.
Just me and the button, and my buddy, down in a hole, saving the world, one nuke at a time!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom