900 dives in a year?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hello.
worked as a pool instructor for a few years on an island that has year round diving.

900 dives is do-able and not by just logging 10 mins at depth most dives average 12-18mtrs ow courses.all average about 40 mins.
some days 5 dives a day mostly three.

what you can expect...

you turn into a bag of bones its amazing the weight loss ive witnessed time and time again due to all the calories you burn. :wink:
your computer never ofgasses (zeros out )
in monsoon you are constantly wet ,diving, rain, and high humidity.this leads to the dreaded mould and fungus problems not attractive at all...
Youll kill most wetsuits in a season.
Ear infections and cuts that never seem to heal.
First name basis with most non pelagic fish :crafty:
every condition possible including lightning on night dives.(awesome)
If not aware and carefull a ride in a chamber......

still the worst day diving still beats the best day in the office :wink:

cheers gary

miketsp:
I know a few DMs in tourist locations doing 5 normal dives / day or even more when doing try dives with boat loads of tourists.

When I when Cozumel there was a DM about to make his 12,000th dive. This guy was the best. He took us on some of the best dives. He was like the beast-master .

i have done 900 dives i nthe run of year. 400 dives in urchin season, 500 dives during the summer cleaning salmon cages. urchin season is 4 /day for 100 days of the season. salmon cage cleaning 5/ day for the summer months. all of these dives have been over 30 feet . i dont keep track of the dives anymore as im over 3000 dives now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom