A call to PADI certified divers and poll about 2001 MSD changes.

Should PADI allow non-diving certifications to apply to the requisite 5 for the MSD?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I´m a PADI diver...(prereq 4 participating out o the way)

I feel that 50, 100 or more dives would be a suitable requirement (the point about the number of dives being potentially meaningless has already been made).
A good thing would be if it also required some sort of "recertification" for the 5 specialties that are included, that way you´d also get a "refreshment-course" for all your specialties and the cert would prove that your skills are still uptodate (which would also make it more meaningful to include non-diving specialties in the MSD).

Just my 2cents...as it stands now MSD, to me, is just a bought piece of plastic or at most a "diploma" for having advanced thru the system. If it´s to be made meaningful it needs to include dives and tests so that it becomes a real certification (at least 4 me).

Feel free to disagree, debate or nitpick if it pleases you :)

Back
Top Bottom