A Case for Spare Air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can probably find a place to get it done, my point was it's an extra hassle versus being able to transfill yourself in 5 minutes.

If you fill it yourself you'll be emptying whatever tank you use by 19cf and you've got to purchase the transfill adapter, and it's another piece of gear to carry around. When I book a trip it's always on my list of questions- "Can you fill a pony tank?" I've never got a "no" but if I did I'd simply call another Dive Op.

If you fill it yourself you'll be emptying whatever tank you use by 19cf and you've got to purchase the transfill adapter, and it's another piece of gear to carry around. When I book a trip it's always on my list of questions- "Can you fill a pony tank?" I've never got a "no" but if I did I'd simply call another Dive Op.
People are just rationalizing their choice. Getting a pony fill is no big deal. I used to travel with a 19 Cu ft pony. Now I Dive sidemount. In retrospect, I’d just sling an AL80 when I had a single tank on my back and call it a day. Bringing a reg and bands is less of a big deal.

Back
Top Bottom