A few days in the Keys...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CheddarChick

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Coming for a few days in the Keys in Nov, 15-18...Where to stay in the Tavernier area? What are the must see dive sites?? Planning to spend the night in Key West, any great places to stay down there that aren't crazy $$$$$. Help a girl out!!!:D

Coming for a few days in the Keys in Nov, 15-18...Where to stay in the Tavernier area? What are the must see dive sites?? Planning to spend the night in Key West, any great places to stay down there that aren't crazy $$$$$. Help a girl out!!!:D

Dive sites I like:

Eagle
Speigle Grove
Any reefs in the Islamorada area

I've had some pretty good luck with this place, not real fancy, but clean. It is located about 6 miles north of Tavernier. Nice bayview allows you to watch the sun go down while sitting in a beach chair with a beverage in your hand.

Key Largo Hotels, Hotel in key largo, Bayside Inn Key Largo

I've never stayed here, but others have and reported positively. This is also a few miles north of Tavernier

Amy Slate's Amoray Dive Resort - Current Room Rates

I just went diving there with Conch Republic Divers in spring 2010.

I was amazed how cool the big wrecks were (Eagle, Duane, Spiegel Grove). Particularly, I would say the Spiegel Grove lives up to the hype. I was surprised that these wrecks were teaming with sea life.

My wife and I stayed at the Atlantic Bay Resort which was very convenient, but certainly not luxurious. It was actually just fine except I remember the bed being pretty uncomfortable.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom