A few G15 shots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh, there is no confusion... I just don't completely buy into what can or cannot be done without trying myself.

This is not a matter of what can or not be done
You are adding a dome to a flat lens this will give a semi fisheye effect and make things look smaller so you can focus closer
Nothing new is the design of the tool that is proven and meant to achieve a purpose
If I were you I would try some ambient light wide shots without strobe of a whole wreck or similar and see what comes out the dome will just make it look smaller won't change anything just allow you to get closer but as you shoot without strobes unless is murky or makes no difference at all

I've been waiting for some shots to be posted .............well worth the wait. I can't wait for my tax money!!!

Just got my Canon G15 today............LOOOOOOVE IT!!!! Now i need a housing and strobes, any recommendations???

Nauticam is making a housing for the g15. That's what I would go with. I like the Inon strobes, while many prefer sea&sea.

I have had good experience with sea and sea until a little part was damaged and they refused to change it. Am still waiting for this part
I would say that even the oem housing is an option with the g15 as it takes the same lenses than the nauticam
Still there is no ttl in manual for the g15 and am not sure about a CHDK hack
If you don't plan to play with CHDK panasonic and Sony have great camera that offer ttl in manual and will be easier to use out of the box

hopefully, I can get the dome in the water next week....IDC wrapped up today...gotta re-test physics :(

back to camera only w/ single D2000, no wet lens...

Ditto! But I have to wait until I fly into Roatan on March 16th... and will be very cautious by just bringing my housing down without camera on the first dive.

Last year there, I flooded my G10 on the 1st dive and don't want to make it an annual event!!! :blinking:

hi, Is it that prone to flooding this G15 canon housing? Don't you do a tank test before your dive.

Back
Top Bottom