A few G15 shots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hi, Is it that prone to flooding this G15 canon housing? Don't you do a tank test before your dive.

G-15: I did an ice water test prior to leaving on my trip and brought it down without camera on the first dive...both tests were fine.

I truly believe that the reason my housing flooded last year was due to it being banged going through the machine in roatan...even though it was wrapped in padding in my backpack, another large suitcase smashed into it before I could pull it off the conveyor from being scanned prior to leaving the airport.

G-15: I did an ice water test prior to leaving on my trip and brought it down without camera on the first dive...both tests were fine.

I truly believe that the reason my housing flooded last year was due to it being banged going through the machine in roatan...even though it was wrapped in padding in my backpack, another large suitcase smashed into it before I could pull it off the conveyor from being scanned prior to leaving the airport.

Can you talk about the Ice water test? First I've heard of it, curious to know more.

What does the ice do that just using a bucket of water wouldn't? I took my housing down on the first dive with tissue paper in it so that I could see any leaks.

What does the ice do that just using a bucket of water wouldn't? I took my housing down on the first dive with tissue paper in it so that I could see any leaks.

Ice water does nothing to it: polycarbonate resists temperatures between -40 and 120 C however if the environment you are is very warm the temperature gradient will induce a significant temperature shock that could crack the glass port. Ever rinsed a glass that had an icy drink with hot water?

Most leaks are due to parts caught in the seal or movement of the camera inside the housing that breaks the seal, it is very rare to have a brand new housing that leaks unless there is a manufacturing defect

Back
Top Bottom