A few pieces of information about the fatality at Farnsworth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rosie davies:
Words can not express our sorrow, it will be one year May 17th since our daughter Michelle's death at Farnswoth. Her death ruled undetermined by the coroners office. Her buddie claimed she panicked therefore he left her. She died in the 1rst 2 minutes of her dive. I don't know much about diving and struggle daily with the thought that my daughter who was only 4'8" was left to die alone.

Very sad to hear about your grief, Mrs. Davies.

I am sure many of us who read your post are reminded of our responsibilities when we dive with a buddy, especially a new buddy.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

rosie davies:
Words can not express our sorrow, it will be one year May 17th since our daughter Michelle's death at Farnswoth. Her death ruled undetermined by the coroners office. Her buddie claimed she panicked therefore he left her. She died in the 1rst 2 minutes of her dive. I don't know much about diving and struggle daily with the thought that my daughter who was only 4'8" was left to die alone.

Dear Mrs. Davies,

I would like to add my condolences to those of IndigoBlue, who spoke well for all of us.

Your words will come to my mind the next time I am buddied up with a stranger out at sea.

The loss of your daughter is a terrible one, and I am also saddened to hear of your grieving. May happier thoughts of your daughter sustain you through dark times. You and Michelle will be in my prayers.

Doc

rosie davies:
Dear Rosie,

Like you, I am a mother and my greatest fear is losing on of my children for any reason. I feel your pain. We have a lot of dreams wrapped up in our children's futures and to lose one at such a young and vital age is one of life's cruelest realities. I am so sorry that you lost Michelle.

I am also a diver and although I used to have an intense fear of drowning, I realize that I could very well meet my demise in the water. It is not what I want to occur, but if it does, I will have been doing a sport that I am passionate about and I will be in an environment that makes me feel closest to nature and peacefulness. I hope Michelle felt peace in her final moments. I am sure she thought of you and your family.

I remember when Michelle's death occurred. It was awful to have happened to her. I hope you will somehow find peace knowing she was doing something that she loved to do. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Doc Intrepid:
Dear Mrs. Davies,

I would like to add my condolences to those of IndigoBlue, who spoke well for all of us.

Your words will come to my mind the next time I am buddied up with a stranger out at sea.

The loss of your daughter is a terrible one, and I am also saddened to hear of your grieving. May happier thoughts of your daughter sustain you through dark times. You and Michelle will be in my prayers.

Doc
Thankyou if this post just reminds divers to be careful that would make our family feel like her death might have some meaning. Take care of each other all who dive as buddies, be aware that you may really be called to see what your made of.

Everytime I hear about these things I am frustrated and saddened, and my reaction is I just wish it was me who was the buddy and think of if whether I could have saved someone......only 26 years old.....and the other gentleman's daughter....so sad......

rosie davies:
Thank you if this post just reminds divers to be careful that would make our family feel like her death might have some meaning. Take care of each other all who dive as buddies, be aware that you may really be called to see what your made of.
I am very sorry for your loss and the pain your family must feel at this time, one year later.

Your desire that divers be reminded to be careful and to take care of each other is one of the reasons we have threads like this on Scuba Board.

There is a fine line between being comfortable underwater and being complacent underwater. Thank you for the reminder.

Reading about what happened to Michelle, as sad as it is to have reported, will hopefully serve to remind us all to take care not only of ourselves but also those we dive with.

And as we see your grief hopefully we will realize that we are not just taking care for ourselves but for those who love us at home.

May God bless and comfort you.

Did this recent tragic ever hit the local papers? The problem with the lost diver went national, but I never read about it locally.

Otter:
Did this recent tragic ever hit the local papers? The problem with the lost diver went national, but I never read about it locally.

...1st posts are from 1 year ago. May 17th is the 1st anniversary of this accident. There was some discussion about this at the time, at least on some other boards.

czzzaar:
...1st posts are from 1 year ago. May 17th is the 1st anniversary of this accident. There was some discussion about this at the time, at least on some other boards.

I hate when I do that...

rosie davies:
...be aware that you may really be called to see what your made of.

Dear Mrs Davies

reading your last sentence really sent a shiver down my spine and goosebumps all over the rest of my body! At the end of the line, I guess, it comes down to this and threads like this one are a good way of keeping everybody on their toes.

My thoughts go out to you and your family.

Back
Top Bottom