A few pieces of information about the fatality at Farnsworth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At the time, I remember thinking , 'wow, that's sad.' Your heartfelt post puts an all-too-human face on this tragidy.

My deepest sympathies.

TJ

Thankyou for your kindness,you seem to grasp what really troubles me about my daughters death. Diving as everyone says, is a dangerous sport which comes with high risk. But as in any high risk activity their must be a goal toward higher awareness, and knowledge. More focus has to be put in training on how to save yourself and that the buddie system is just a long shot last resort, especially if your picking up buddies on recreational trips that you don't really know. This sight is great for spreading awareness , but some people just need to be taught the serious commitment that comes with diving and that you should always be trying to learn more. This is what I believe is not being laid out in that first dive in that swimming pool, if it was you could wash out alot of divers that don't understand the serious side of this sport.

It is now 2 years from the day of her death...and I am sure that the diving community, when we hear of it, starts grieving all over again. Let me add my heart felt condolences to the davies family.

My thoughts are with you, Mrs. Davies and your family at this time. Being a father I could not imagine losing a child. Hopefully you have found some peace over time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom