A knock on Buddys' Dive Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lead_carrier

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Finally a knock against Buddys' Dive Resort. It is their orientation class or lack thereof. They only have to conduct it occasionally but they will not do it on Saturday afternoons. It isn't a big deal for me since I have been through it (support it and will gladly add another tag to my stack) and can dive with very little to no weight. But for groups that haven't been to Bonaire before it actually knocks the out of 2-3 dives. While this may sound trival to some for a lot of divers that are making their first Bonaire trip, they want every dive possible. This definitely isn't a reason not to stay there or dive with them but it sure does suck.

Having been to Buddys numerous times, if I remember correctly, the marine park orientation is done on Saturday's at 9am and at 2pm..I never have any issues with the orientation when I am there either by myself or if I am escourting a group.

I've been to Bonaire a number of times and have stayed at Buddys four times I think it is. What I do now is just tell them how many times I have been there, show them I know where the "hidden key" is, and then pay the $25 and off I go. I just try and be a little discrete about it with them. They never give me a hard time about it.

The only problem I have with the "briefing" is it's not brief but it shorter than Bonaire Dive and Adventure next door. Man that goes on and on and on and.........................

The only problem I have with the "briefing" is it's not brief but it shorter than Bonaire Dive and Adventure next door. Man that goes on and on and on and.........................
re BDA and the mandatory briefing, it's does not go on and on if you have been there before.

re BDA and the mandatory briefing, it's does not go on and on if you have been there before.

Yep. They do have a shorter version if you are a repeat as I have been through that as well. But the first time there is just over the top. They should easily be able to do it in 30 to perhaps 45 minutes max.

BDA has a bunch of good looking staff too... so listening to them shouldn't be a problem. :wink:

BDA has a bunch of good looking staff too... so listening to them shouldn't be a problem. :wink:

If you are a woman looking at the guys who work there then you may have a point.

I was there in April and had no problems getting an afternoon briefing for a couple of members of my group that got there in the afternoon. All I had to do was ask....although knowing who to ask may have helped. :)

The orientation process is super important and is one of the aspects of the Bonaire Marine Park that sets them apart from many others. I do believe Buddy Dive has their video posted on You Tube as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom