A Legit Dive Light or a Hoax...What do you think?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NavyGuyAN

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Ok soo...I've been doing alot of searching on diferent types of dive lights and I came across this one for sale on Ebay for $63. And was curious if anyone heard of or had one or not?...Its a FATHOM LED Dive Flashlight by Tite-Light and claims to out perform high-end HID lights up to 2500 Lumens at $800+

FATHOM LED Dive Flashlight, Beats 2000L HID Lights CP | eBay

Ryan

If you're into this size light, why not buy a UK SL3 for $50.00?

Funny, I saw that same light last night on eBay! The seller does a great job at getting some attention. I'd ask the seller for beam shots comparing his light to those HID it supposedly "beats". Then again, what happens if it dies on you?

Says on the box 750 Lumens which seems high for three cells...

It looks awfully like the 69.00 Tusa which I have and does a good job but I would doesn't hold a candle to my Benda can light.

The new dive lights that are coming out of China are remarkable. There is another light with the same LED that I like (but don't have in my collection), and uses 2 18650 batteries which I like more than the C cells:

Manafont.com | $48.9 Stepless Brightness Control XM-L T6 200M Diver Flashlight (2x18650)

And another even brighter light using a different LED:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/cl...dive-led-cree-mc-e-dive-light-900-lumens.html

Web Store - Novae: Your #1 source for HID and LED flashlights!

Adam

PS being a light addict I ordered the Manafont light. So if you wait a couple of weeks I can give a report on it.

Last edited:
The new dive lights that are coming out of China are remarkable.

Adam

They ought to be remarkable, given the amount of technology they've stolen from U.S. :)

That Manafont looks an awful lot like the Raider IV I purchased a couple years ago that proved to be the worst backup light ever ... it worked great until you actually took it underwater. At this point, I'm wary of cheap Chinese lights. They're fine, as long as you don't have to rely on them ... but a backup light is one of those pieces of gear that you absolutely want to be working when you need it.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

The Manafont light unlikely anything like Oxycheq lights. For one thing it uses 18650 batteries, has a continuous intensity adjustment, and uses a new LED. The other Chinese lights I have work great and blow away the UK lights.

Adam

Back
Top Bottom