A little bit worried...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for you advice...

It mostly matters because I want my wife, to be a happy wife. Meaning she can sun bathe on the beach with her sister. If she's happy, then I'm free to go with my bro-in-law and dive, dive, dive. :)

I guess, it sounds like things will turn out OK.

If it does rain -- which it probably won't because we need some very badly -- it won't be like Sue's October, which was a full month of wetness. A short storm to relieve the humidity for half an hour is most welcome and it may not even fall where you are. All activities proceed.

PToone, wife & I are in the same boat, well not the exact same one unless you're diving with Aldora..:)...we're arrivng Wed the 22nd & diving that day(hopefully) thru the 25th, leaving out Sunday....It'll be fine, (keeping fingers & toes crossed)......

Aw weather happens. Have been blown out in Cozumel on my first visit, Florida Keys for days in a row, maybe some other places; have had to take alternate sites at times, and sometimes it was just rougher than we liked - had some of those last two last month in Coz. If it was easy, everyone would do it. :cool:

If worse does come, don't forget the Cenotes, ruins, etc. I hear the museum there is great and the south end park; never been but keep intending to. Wishing y'all the best, but whatever - enjoy yourselves...!

We just got back and we dove all week. On Monday it was sustained winds of 15 kts, with gusts to 25kts and we dove fine. Funny, I didn't notice any wind at depth??? Well except for the lack of mine :)

STOP WITH THE WORRY. Anyplace you could have booked is subject to the weather!!! If it rains strip and walk on the beach in your natural state, I'm sure everyone would have a good time with that!

We just got back from Coz yesterday and it was windy with partly cloudy skies the whole time we were there. Water was 79 degrees (a lot of the divers wore hoodies and vests, I wore a 3 mil and was totally comfortable). Diving was fabulous though the reefs still show stress from Wilma (and rough handllng from disrespectful divers). The shore reefs are essentially gone (Dzul Ha and Villa Blanco (2 of our favorites before Wilma) are basically just sand with no coral (wife is not a diver but a snorkeler and the shore snorkeling has pretty much vanished)). The rest of the deep reefs are dusted with sand but seem to be recovering. Dove with SCC for 8 days and enjoyed the very professionally run outfit. Most divers here are experienced and serious about diving (a bit of a drawback IMO cause I also like to enjoy other aspects of foreign countries a long with the diving). Took some days off from diving so I could enjoy muchas Margaritas and Cervezas. Look around Coz, you'll find absolutely no litter. The local people are very proud of their community and realize that the tourist are what allow them to survive. Locals are very friendly (maybe tolerant) as long as you show them respect. (Don't act like a gringo) Make sure you visit San Miguel on Sunday evening. It's local night with a band in the town square. We have nothing but the utmost respect for the locals in Cozumel. Don't worry about the weather.

February and March are the driest months in the Northwest Caribbean. Rain picks up a bit in April and May with mostly isolated, and brief, afternoon rain.

It is looking a bit wetter this week. Wish y'all fair dive days, but if it gets intense, take pics at the museum, ok....?
[c]
9kp6v8.jpg

[/c]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom