A new door has opened up for me

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tollie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have had a really nice thing happen for me recently.

I’ve been working with a new digital camera since Jan 1st, a point and shoot Sea & Sea DC 500. I have been processing the images with Photoshop Elements on my Mac G4 PowerBook. Here is the nice thing. I’ve been asked by a local gallery to put some of my work in a show opening up this weekend. The prints will be 5 x 7 framed and matted inexpensively and sold for $25 each. I have posted some of these images here on ScubaBoard.

What I find so wonderful about diving is that every time I think… well I’ve done that… no more to do… the sport opens up a new door for me.

As a follow up I have begun to teach the new PADI Digital Photo course… which is IMO a marked improvement over the older film oriented class… as it gets absolute novices up and running with good results on the first try. Also it emphasizes the post capture tweaking that really makes a difference.

Very Cool!! Congrats!!

Cool!

I love people that stay inspired. You will pass that to your students. I agree 100%, UW photography is so fun! I too, was getting a little bored when I stumbled into it.

Great compostion on your photos. You have the 'eye' for the job.
Perhaps you want to copyright your material?

micahjt:
Perhaps you want to copyright your material?

In the US, it is already copyright - there is nothing an author needs to do to establish copyright as copyright is automatically secured upon creation of a work.

http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ1.html#hsc

Right but anyone can use your photo until you dispute its use. If the photo is marked as copyrighted material it can not be used without permission to begin with. I doubt anyone is going to be able to keep tabs on all media to see if your material is being used somewhere it shouldn't.

Isn't that correct?

Tollie:
Hey all,

I have had a really nice thing happen for me recently.

I’ve been working with a new digital camera since Jan 1st, a point and shoot Sea & Sea DC 500.

Also it emphasizes the post capture tweaking that really makes a difference.

you mean a Sea Life DC500:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom