A ? on a DA AM long yoke

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There were a few unspoken for nozzles after the minimum number were pre-ordered (my understanding at least) but the store has showed 0 now for many weeks.

Still waiting on mine....

Mine arrived in the mail mid last week. It's mostly installed and ready to go. I just need to fine tune the pin length now.
Diving it in the pool this tuesday and then in the Lake, Sunday!

Matt, let me know when you get it. I want to see it up close.
Mine won't be available for at least another 2 weeks.
Guess I'll have to stick with the j-valve or a really big tank.

Mine arrived in the mail mid last week. It's mostly installed and ready to go. I just need to fine tune the pin length now.
Diving it in the pool this tuesday and then in the Lake, Sunday!

Hmmmm, wouldn't you fine tune the pin length before installing the nozzle? Maybe there's something about the adjustment of the pin length that I don't know about.

No. You assemble the nozzle and then fine tune the pin lenght to set the gap between the back side of the spring pad and the front of the nozzle before you install it.

The idea is to adjust the pin to ensure you get maximum working range on the valve without having the pin bottom out and put pressure on the internal parts and filter and clip on the other end of the nozzle. It would be much harder to do this accurately with the nozzle installed.

----

I have not gotten my Phoenix nozzle from Bryan yet - is he shipping like one per day?

Mine came in last week. I think this one is getting to full treatment, rechromed cans, new hoses - the works......dang thing may be too pretty to dive.

No. You assemble the nozzle and then fine tune the pin lenght to set the gap between the back side of the spring pad and the front of the nozzle before you install it.

The idea is to adjust the pin to ensure you get maximum working range on the valve without having the pin bottom out and put pressure on the internal parts and filter and clip on the other end of the nozzle. It would be much harder to do this accurately with the nozzle installed.

That's exactly what I was thinking, you adjust the pin length before installing, I don't see how you could do it installed. In fact, I'm going to try it without the longer spring, pushing the pin in until it bottoms out measure the gap, cut that much off plus a couple thousands, repeat, etc.

That is, if I ever get the nozzle......:wink:

Matt, the best way I found to carefully shorten the pins is to grind them down by hand on a fine whetstone. It's easy to take only a few thousands off without getting too much.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom