A ? on a DA AM long yoke

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's exactly what I was thinking, you adjust the pin length before installing, I don't see how you could do it installed. In fact, I'm going to try it without the longer spring, pushing the pin in until it bottoms out measure the gap, cut that much off plus a couple thousands, repeat, etc.

That is, if I ever get the nozzle......:wink:

Patience my son. Bryan is a stand up guy and he will take care of you. He's probably waiting on parts and filling orders in the order received as he gets them.
As the proud owner of Nozzle #114, I can tell you it will be worth the wait. The ice is almost off Lake Michigan and I am preparing my boat as I write this. Chances are I'll be rolling over the side next week into the balmy 35 degree water.:D

Jim

Ditto to what Jim said. And, this ScubaBored is not the place to voice your concerns about VDH. Have the gonads to bitch there. But believe me on this one, hell hath no furry like those who stand up for their friends. VDH has done more for vintage diving than anyone, ANYONE. So, you of little faith, have:
patience20boy.jpg

I don't think Matt is bitching, he is just expressing excitement - and Bryan is only getting a few in at a time and is shipping them as he gets them, so it may be another week or two.

Ditto to what Jim said. And, this ScubaBored is not the place to voice your concerns about VDH. Have the gonads to bitch there. But believe me on this one, hell hath no furry like those who stand up for their friends. VDH has done more for vintage diving than anyone, ANYONE. So, you of little faith, have:
patience20boy.jpg

I'm hardly bitching, dude. Relax.

Hey dudette, I am sure you understand what you mean with your posts, unfortunately you are a Johnny-come-lately in the vintage world of THE FORUM. We have survived numerous "contributors" who have complained about this or that, accepted. But unless you misread or didn't read the posts on the Phoenix situation, the availability was explained. Also, it is much more polite to PM to Bryan directly and not put your "worries" or concerns (based on who knows what) for the world to see. You will get your Phoenix and enjoy it. So you should relax, read a book or old threads and learn what it is like to dive true vintage. In fact, check on the Sea Hunt 50 celebration and see what diving without all the modern stuff i.e., spg, bc, integrated weights, etc was all about.

There are two sides to the issue.

When I got into vintage DH regs several years ago, there were no reproduction parts and you spent lots of time and money tracking down serviceable original parts, hoses and mouthpieces to restore a reg to working condition. In some cases, you had to do some really creative do it yourself workarounds to amke something work or get real friendly with a machinist.

In that regard the entire community is very appreciative to Bryan and others for stepping up to the plate and investing the time and money to develop the moulds and equipment needed to produce reproduction parts, service kits, etc. Not everyone who made those efforts made money or is even still in busienss as it was a very niche market.

The availability of parts has led to an ever larger number of regs, particularly USD regs and their comparatively rare VOIT clones, being returned to service with the result they are now common on e-bay in better condition than ever and at prices that are on average half of what they were 5-10 years ago for a reg in comparable condition. (not exactly wonderful news for collectors who bought them 5 years ago). Those regs in turn are being bought by a rapidly increasing number of divers who have been bitten by the vintage bug as divers more than as collectors.

Consider it from their point of view - a point of view that does not include a history of paying out lots of money for crappy but still (barely) useable parts and often just being glad you could get them at all, or falling over in ectasy when someone starting making reproductions of the hardest to get soft parts. Pick any other forum on the board and tell me the hue and cry that would go up with any manufacturer that asked for a deposit up front and then slipped the delivery date a couple times with a 2-3 month delay resulting. It would get ugly quickly. In comparision the response here has been very muted and understanding even if in the past the questions would not even have been raised.

While people asking questions about the delivery date - or doing anything other than bowing in general worship of anyone willing to produce a DH part - is odd from a traditional vintage diver perspective, the times they are a-changing. Wiith the increased popularity of vintage regs you will find an increasing volume of busniess composed of an increasing number of vintage divers who are customers/divers first and collectors/divers second which changes the dynamic slightly and eventually may change the way vintage dive businesses have to do business.

So...lets consider all the points of view, take a balanced approach and try not too eat our own young or beat up any of the newcomers. Inpatience aside it is the volume of business they bring that will potentially provide the financial incentive for vintage businesses to produce all kinds of things such as parts for less common regs such as Healthways, reproduction or even improved cans for USD regs, cheaper vintage style wetsuits, etc, etc, etc. And I welcome that with open arms.

I just hope there are some "extras" beyond the pre-order. SWMBO (and Exchequer of the Treasury) has given me the "green light" if there are.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom