A regulator for new diver =)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm a fairly new diver and I'm about to buy a HOG D1 from diverightin as soon as I have the money. I have spend hours researching this and talking to people and from what they say you cannot beat the price for the quality of this reg.

I'm a fairly new diver and I'm about to buy a HOG D1 from diverightin as soon as I have the money. I have spend hours researching this and talking to people and from what they say you cannot beat the price for the quality of this reg.

Hog makes great regs...I dive them myself and you're right, you can't find a better bang for the buck..... but I have to ask.... what are your aspirations as far as diving?
Do you plan on doing advanced,nitrox, rescue then move on to tech or will you limit yourself to recreational diving? Where will you do most of your diving? Cold water or tropical?
The answers will shed some light on what regs you should consider.
The same company that makes Hog regs also makes recreational regs.
I don't remember off hand if Hog makes the D1 in a yoke or only Din.
Another consideration if you plan on dive travel.
Most dive destinations (you'll be using their tanks) only offer yoke valves.
You'll need a Din to yoke adapter if you have a Din first stage.

ScubaPro had a lot of problems with the X650 . . . wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole!!! Dollar for dollar, i would say the Atomic Z2 is the most bang for your buck, I dive M1's and swear by them. You won't need that one, so I would vote for the B2 or Z2. Servicing is every 2 years or 300 dives, which ever comes first. So if you do the math ... ScubaPro every year/lifetime warranty on parts VS. Atomic every 2 years and pay for parts....it works out the same or Atomic slightly less expensive.

I'm diving in Thailand, so the cold water is not my problem :D Thanks for every helps and recommends

Since, you're diving in mostly warm waters you can still consider the Scubapro mk17/g250v which is cheaper than the MK25/s600 or for something that a lot of my friends are using n is real cheap the apeks ds4/xtx50/xtx50 which some internet sites sell really cheap.

SangP

Since, you're diving in mostly warm waters you can still consider the Scubapro mk17/g250v which is cheaper than the MK25/s600 or for something that a lot of my friends are using n is real cheap the apeks ds4/xtx50/xtx50 which some internet sites sell really cheap.

SangP

The Mk17/G250V is one of the best combinations Scubapro makes and very versatile. That setup has the metal breathing tube to help reduce dry mouth, sealed regulator for diving in the cold or in really nasty water, and they are still a very solid reg to use in cold water diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom