A Sardine Baitball at Palancar Gardens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Too Cool! Great shot, I get excited when I see Gabi getting excited. He just cant get enough of diving. 8 million dives and it's new to him every dive. wow. Seeya Thursday. kev

Thanks, that was interesting to see how they have pulsated movement. It looked close to the reef. Were there any fish working of keeping the ball formed?

They're very cool. We call them "Silversides" -- a mixed group of sardines/anchovies...Yes, Don there are sardines here!
Very beautiful when they "waterfall" over the reef.

very nice

I have seen those things "en masse" several times, especially at Santa Rosa. Sometimes the same group will be in the same area for a couple of weeks.

Very cool! I hope to see it in person in 20 days!!!

They're very cool. We call them "Silversides" -- a mixed group of sardines/anchovies...Yes, Don there are sardines here!
Very beautiful when they "waterfall" over the reef.
Thanks! Forgot the word "Silversides" altho I have heard it before. Did not think that you got sardines there, but ok. :idk:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom