A shop to dive with on Oct 6/7?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Randy8876

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
It's been about 9 months since I've been diving and was wondering about a shop in the Norfolk area that might be good to dive with on the 6th or 7th? I have around 100 dives, but all but about 10 were warm water. I would guess about 20 of those night dives and probably 15-20 that were over 60 feet. In April I'll be moving again to Japan, so I'd like to get a bit familiar with colder and darker water before making that move.

What's the views on LDC?

By the way, what ocean temps do you see here in October?

I'm sorry no one answered your request, & I have been out of the country for the past 2 weeks, but LDC does a good job & visits quite a range of wrecks, although they have a large boat which is nice, but also takes more people to get the trip to go.
Dive Quarters also runs to some nice wrecks, but tend to hit some of the deeper ones, normally 100 fsw or so. They charter a 31ft boat & only carry a max of 6 divers & will go with as few as 3.
My normal buddy (Drewski on this board) is running to Morehead this weekend, but my Mom is coming in town from Texas so I must stay local so if you want maybe we can hook up.

RAD Diver,
Sorry about the slow reply. We just got back to port and I've had either stomach flu or ate something bad; either way I don't think wrapping myself in neoprene this weekend would be a good idea.

Thanks for the reply though. I would like to go diving as soon as I can though. Next week Wednesday or later will work. On the 13th I'll be out to sea again, but just for that day. So any of those days work for diving after ~3pm or Sunday the 14th.

By the way, what are the water temps looking like?

I will let you know tomorrow on the temps, I am going out with Lynnhaven to the Luchenbach. Next weekend I will be in Hatteras on a family reunion kind of thing, but I will be diving down there Saturday to the Proteus I believe.
During the week would be tough, especially since the shops are having a tough time filling for the weekend. Plus my job in construction doesn't allow much time off & I have already burned my 3 weeks for this year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom