A simple quick question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smurfzzz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Just one simple quick question.

I intend to get Kodak disposable camera for diving, however it has a max depth of 15m. What happens if it goes beyond?

Im a new certified diver, and Im not into photography, thus I'm not ready to invest any expensive underwater camera. My dive sites are mainly tropical region and a depth of 20m.

Probably would be okay to 20m, but it just has a higher chance of failure. Usually, it's the buttons that become harder to press first. Then a higher chance of leaking.

There are relatively inexpensive camera packages that likely are much better quality than the Kodak - e.g., SeaLife DC1400 and some point-and-shoots. I don't think the Kodak will have anything more than mediocre, blurry, and blue photos.

My wife used one of the Kodaks and a Fuji as well. Anything deeper than about 30 feet will get you crappy pictures. Cheap point and shoot in a housing, with a built in flash and manual white balance will get you much better pics. If you just want to point and click, use the underwater presets. The Kodak will get you nice pics in 10-15 feet in bright sunshine.

Back
Top Bottom