A somewhat sad conversation last night

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

.... I was on a liveaboard recently with a fellow who, as a ScubaPro dealer, went on and on about how much better his equipment was than mine. It took real effort to maintain a polite facade.
... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I would just smile and nod my head and when I sensed he had fully trashed my gear I would have told him that.. "yes, you are correct, my gear is completely inferior to yours. But it works fine for me because I'm a better diver than you".. :acclaim:

I would just smile and nod my head and when I sensed he had fully trashed my gear I would have told him that.. "yes, you are correct, my gear is completely inferior to yours. But it works fine for me because I'm a better diver than you".. :acclaim:
Ill definetly keep THAT answer in mind :D

I will say that for me my major turn off is the title "DIR" to me is states that if I don't follow that protocol I must be doing it wrong. That said I have been on dives with DIR divers and enjoyed it. just my opinion.

Actually, the dude is a very good diver ... maybe even better than me, if that matters ... just very opinionated ...
.. Bob (Grateful Diver)

Actually, the dude is a very good diver ... maybe even better than me, if that matters ... just very opinionated ...
.. Bob (Grateful Diver)

Nope, doesn't matter one bit. What matters is that you can walk away with a smile and the comforting knowledge that he will probably STFU.

.. Bob (Grateful Diver)

I suppose it would be more fun if that wasn't true, but still a great line :)

Or you could have just said "Your wife thinks I am a better "dive buddy". Enjoy your gear."

Why beat around the bush?
Some folks are way too dim to appreciate subtlety.

If the fellow keeps pushing my buttons long enough to make me react, I'll be pointing out what a jerk he is, and then I will walk away with that smile on my face.

I would have looked down at his crotch, then looked him in the face compassionately, and said "Oh, now I know what you are compensating for..."

Back
Top Bottom