A toilet papar related question...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brules once bubbled...
Thanks for trolling my posts, go find something else to do.

Stalker.

:wacko:

Brules
A good start would be if you posted something worthwhile and on topic.

Jeff

Sorry all, this guy is a weirdo and seems to like to follow my posts and stalk me.

I will report him to the mods ASAP.

Brules

All of a sudden, I'm really missing WW ;-0

Brules once bubbled...
Well if they are pumping TONS of feces and urine and all into the local ground water, what difference will some TP make?

Answer: None. Or so little a difference it isn't measureable.

Don't try to make it *OUR* fault that they are doing this.

Yeah it sucks BAD, and is wrong to the Nth degree, but their society allows it to happen. Not the common Joe tourist who doesn't know better.

:wink:

I think the point Diver Lori is trying to make is that by patronizing the "new glitzy hotels with the new plumbing" we are polluting the ground water. This is the same water systems that we cave dive in. Already, in just a few years, the "new hotels" have polluted some caves to the point they are no longer divable. If you know that the new hotels are injecting their waste water and you stay at those hotels, yes it is partly your fault. And yes, now you know better.

Agreed, now that I know this, I will NOT even consider patronizing them myself!

Diver Lori, can you PLEASE post some links to info that will back up these claims so I can spread the word? It would be very helpful in trying to disuade people from going to the newer hotels.......and while your at it, can you please specify which hotels are doing this?

Thanks!!!!

Brules

:)

Do your business in the morning, take your shower and hopefully you're good for the day. I really don't like the used TP in the trash, I'll take a second shower if need be.
I used a toilet in Senegal to take a leak, the only thing in the stall was a rusty cofee can attached to the wall, 3/4 full of water. Not a pretty site. :eek:ut:

:peek: I'm still laughing so hard I'm not sure I can type my response. Brules you have truly entertained me today with your post and I sincerely mean that. I am not making fun of you. I recently returned from the Yucatan and my gf and I experienced this situation at every place we stayed as we are budget travellers. I did notice that the toilets are the type without the small hole at the bottom front that helps force flush. Their design totally relies on the whirlpool effect. That coupled with the older more narrow pipes may contribute to the problem. My gf used the trash pail in the bathroom. I of course had to be different. I filled an empty 1 litre water bottle with the top cut off it to help flush the toilet. Okay go ahead and punish me for it.:D

Here's a start for your reading displeasure.....

http://www.cenotes.com/save/

I'm looking for more......

Made for good reading...

when you sit down and think about it, Cozumel is "a rock" they are obviously not digging down to get rid of waste, as there is no where to go. There is also no plant on the Island that, I am aware of, to deal with the waste (and I HOPE that someone out there will tell m ethat there is - I will feel alot better - but after living here for years I have not heard of anything, maybe it never came up in conversation before...) and it is not being trucked off of the Island... so... where is it going?

FYI -The El Cid Cancun project is being constructed by the same new owners of El Cid La Ceiba here in Cozumel (I was the Sales Manager of La Ceiba for years pre and post El Cid, up until last January. The property is noty scheduled for over 3,000 rooms as described, but 300. The bad news is that they will also have a 500 slip marina. Although they are calling it "Cancun", the construction is actually in Puerto Morelos which is about half way between Cancun and Playa Del Carmen.

Other hotel chains that are also building in that once pristine fishing area are Sol Melia, Fiesta Americana, Presidente Intercontinental and the former owner of La Ceiba who has built Ceiba Del Mar there.... so you are looking at another boom in the region between the two areas...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom