A toilet papar related question...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes there is a sewage waste treatment facility north of town. Take the road through town, and keep going north past all of the northern hotel zones, and keep going.....and going and going. It is up the gravel road towards the isla de passion I believe. You can smell it from a looooong ways away. :wink:

I heard that there were SEVERAL more hotels planed for the south hotel zone of Cozumel. Like 2-3 very VERY large developements. Do you know anything about this?

But I am pretty sure the southern hotels do not tie into the main sewage system, so they must be puting it somewhere.....

Justin

Nancy De Anda once bubbled...

FYI -The El Cid Cancun project is being constructed by the same new owners of El Cid La Ceiba here in Cozumel (I was the Sales Manager of La Ceiba for years pre and post El Cid, up until last January. The property is noty scheduled for over 3,000 rooms as described, but 300. The bad news is that they will also have a 500 slip marina. Although they are calling it "Cancun", the construction is actually in Puerto Morelos which is about half way between Cancun and Playa Del Carmen.

Do you know what that HUGE development is over on the mainland south of the quarry and (I believe) north of Puerto Adventuras? I saw it when we were out fishing last May; it has to be thousands of units. It's all gray, like unfinished concrete.

Later today I will contact the Hotel Association and find out what is the structure on the mainland, and any development for Cozumel...

Let's see.....

An e-mail to Nancy DeRosa at www.cenotes.com would probably bring about more links. She's quite the environmental activist in Akumal and would probably be more than happy to provide data to further her cause to SAVE the ecological area of the Riviera Maya.

There has to be tons of it, where does it go?
Just because the maid empties your garbage can of the TP, does not mean that you have done anything positive to help the enviorment.
Do they burn it, bury it or ship it off to somewhere else?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom