A very bad week in Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not a mudslinger by nature, but I just had to say- if you want a laugh look at scubabrucie's own forum... I may be way of the mark here, but shouldn't a forum have more than one person posting?

I know the fact that I looked says a lot about my own level of pathetic-ness, and that no one has commented on my blog for months so I am also filling up the www with pointless manure, but c'mon.... a forum of one?

Isn't that the title of a Smiths album?

Does he answer his own posts?

noobascooba:
I am not a mudslinger by nature, but I just had to say- if you want a laugh look at scubabrucie's own forum... I may be way of the mark here, but shouldn't a forum have more than one person posting?

I know the fact that I looked says a lot about my own level of pathetic-ness, and that no one has commented on my blog for months so I am also filling up the www with pointless manure, but c'mon.... a forum of one?

Isn't that the title of a Smiths album?

Can't we just let this thread die?

I think it would be like a mercy killing.............

I have one last question, and then I'm grabbing my bat and ball and going home.
Does the mudslinging in the original poat, even if it's via a link, violate the TOS of this board? His insinuations and accusations are rather serious, even slanderous, and the instructor in question was called out by name. I know if those accusations were headed my way in a public forum, I wouldn't be happy and would be considering legal action.
It seems that fortunately, due to the level of expertise of many of the SBer's here, it's easy to see thru the BS and see the original post for what it is.
Personally, if this thread doesn't violate the TOS, and the writer of the original post isn't sent packing, I'll be figuring out how to use the ignore feature.
C-Dawg

Vtdiver2:
I have one last question, and then I'm grabbing my bat and ball and going home.
Does the mudslinging in the original poat, even if it's via a link, violate the TOS of this board? His insinuations and accusations are rather serious, even slanderous, and the instructor in question was called out by name. I know if those accusations were headed my way in a public forum, I wouldn't be happy and would be considering legal action.
It seems that fortunately, due to the level of expertise of many of the SBer's here, it's easy to see thru the BS and see the original post for what it is.
Personally, if this thread doesn't violate the TOS, and the writer of the original post isn't sent packing, I'll be figuring out how to use the ignore feature.
C-Dawg

I have read a lot of the posts, but not all so I cant' say if any mods have read the thread. If they haven't then one of us would need to click that "report" button to engage someone to see if the TOS has been violated and take the appropriate action

edit - i went ahead and hit the report button just to have it reviewed

-s

For those who are still reading this and

a - haven't made an opinion yet
b - are having too much fun and can't stay away
c - can't sleep and need something to pass the time
d - have a sinus infection and can't dive

then

just google the phrase "scubabrucie" and enjoy that read outside of sb for a while

-s

NWGratefulDiver:
Perhaps I will ... I've kind've moved away from GUE training due mainly to the fact that every time I take a course, I never get to see the instructor again. But with a cave class that'll probably be the case regardless of who I take it with ...

Not necessarily. I'm not GUE, but I am cave and I still see my instructor almost every trip I make to N. Florida.

NWGratefulDiver:
Would have to be 2009 for me ... a month in Indonesia is gonna eat all of my vacation time for next year.

Question for the audience ... should a person consider taking up cave diving when they're almost 60? Recognizing that we're all individuals, at what point should age start to enter into your tech diving considerations?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I did my full cave with someone close to that age. He's not trimix, but has been considering that too. Besides, there are lots of caves that won't even require any deco, especially in Mexico. Considering the type of diving you do in the PNW, the conditions you'll find in cave diving will be much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom