A week in the Similans - in Pictures! (a lot of pictures)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As one of my most insightful friends says, "You will never have a bad dive here, if you focus on what's there, and not what isn't." You clearly focused on what was there, and thank you for sharing the photographs!

These shots are inspiring! What equipment are you using? Thanks for sharing.

I use a Sony Alpha SLR (A-350), in an Ikelite housing with two Ikelite DS-125 strobes.

All the small stuff was taken with a Sigma 70mm (105mm on this camera), and the bigger stuff with a Sigma 17-70mm.

I think using the strobes, and shooting in RAW makes a huge difference to the colour and quality of the shots.

I was onboard the Marco Polo, it's a liveaboard run by the same company I used for the day diving prior to the trip (Sea Bees).

It falls in the middle of the boat range out of Phuket, not luxury and not backpacker. (Half the rooms have AC)

However it does have a very experienced Tour Leader who has spent more than a few years working on it and diving in this area - so he's very, very good at finding interesting things.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom