A weight belt worth the bucks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver_pirate

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I know this is boring but after trying a variety of belts and the integrated type BCD I think I found a useful multipurpose weight belt.

I just tried a XS Scuba weight belt and its a dream to use. I am always switching between warm water, pool and and cold water. Adjusting keepers and weights is always a pain. The pockets on XS allow quick weight change and the pocket arrangements allow triming out for best profile even while under water.

The belt has either a pair of 2, 3 or 4 velcro pockets depending on your waist size and the standard quick release buckle and a noslip band keeping it where you put it. I have always heard the velcro gives out but after 5 years with velcro on so many parts of scuba gear I do not see it happening.

It takes lead plate or soft shot bags. Great for travel. Cost about $30.
DP

I agree, they're the best thing for weightbelts since... well, ever.

XS Scuba has great customer service, too.

I switch configurations between wet and dry a lot, and it's no big deal to sap a few weights to balance everything out perfectly for every conceivable situation.

I prefer coated hard weights. YMMV.

I have been using the XS Scuba weight belt for 3 years and I also think it is great.
On occasions I have done dives were I would remove some extra weights as I am going deeper and them pick them up on the way back. This belt allows to easily adjust weights.

I also prefer hard coated weights.

I haven't seen it but they have now have a pocket design for a quick release, so you can drop a weight or two in emergency if needed (far better than dropping a hole weight belt).

Back
Top Bottom