A300

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fred Henry

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Bought an A300XT a few months ago. Finally had an oportunity to us it last week. 15 dives, NORM, Nitrox. On every dive, at any point in the dive (beginningg, end, 70' or 20'(didn't matter)) I could not scroll to the next page(s) to check my bottom time. No matter what I did, mash and hold, momentary touch, etc. the computer would not scroll. I know if I send this in they will put it on the bench and run diag. and find no trouble. I believe this is "dive in progress" problem and bench diag. is not going to see this.

Computer is 15 dives young, about 6 months out of the shop I bought it from.

Any thoughts?

Thanks and have a great day,

Fred

Doug,

Thanks for the quick reply.

As far a the "button" being the culprit, I don't think so, rather it's the logic on that chip inside the computer (?). The reason I say this is that there is no problems on the surface with that button, only under water (once one enters the dive mode). This is an annoyance vs. a life theatening situation (for my diving). However, if I were a "tech" diver with 3 different bottles strapped to me and I needed to switch to a different mix and this locked up, well there might be a problem. Still, it should work as advertised. I plan on sending it in but figure there will be a "NTF" (no trouble found) on diag. since this only seems to be a problem during a dive. Searching around on the internet I don't find anyone with a similar problem. Hopefully once in the shop a problem will be found (on this unit) and it can be rectified.

Thanks again and have a great day,

Fred

O.K. I am the worlds greatest procrastinator, never sent that computer in. Thought maybe an act of god would fix it but no such luck. Just got done with a week of diving grand cayman and it still has the same problem. At least once (most times multiple) this tbl. will manifest itself. So once I down load these dives that computer is going in for a look see. As I stated before, it's a dive in progress tbl. and wont show up on the test bench. Probably cost me too.

I have continued to look around the internet and couldn't find anyone else with this tbl. Wish there was.

Doug, has this tbl. surfaced at all since my first post? Do you know what the latest load is for the A300? I see that the A300cs has a ver 2A that puts the EDT on the front screen (don't have to push buttons). Any chance that has made it's way to the plane jane A300?

Hope all is well,

Fred

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom