A300CS OLED Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It comes with an adhesive screen guard, not sure how durable it is...only one quick dive on my a300 so far.

We're working on both an elastic band and bungee. Both will include molded parts to attach to the CS in place of the existing straps. There's nothing in the works currently to allow additional 3rd party straps - and I cant imagine a way to work around it at this point. The elastic band should be a good option for you - and we'll look at other options moving forward.

Doug,

When will the bungee option be available?

Also, I want to import my Oleanlog dive file into the Aeris Computer interface software. They seem to the same. Whom may I communicate with about this issue?

Darren

What a disappointment this unit is.
The screen completely washes out even in modest sunlight and at 100% screen brightness.
No way to alter the main screen to show useful information... such as dive time... max depth... temperature.... etc.
Coupled with the need to replace the batteries after an active weekend in the water this just isn't living up to the hype.
I thought this would be the perfect replacement for my Galileo Sol... how wrong I was.

What a disappointment this unit is.
The screen completely washes out even in modest sunlight and at 100% screen brightness.
No way to alter the main screen to show useful information... such as dive time... max depth... temperature.... etc.
Coupled with the need to replace the batteries after an active weekend in the water this just isn't living up to the hype.
I thought this would be the perfect replacement for my Galileo Sol... how wrong I was.

This could/should be addressed by firmware updates. The hardware is there, the firmware will always be a work in progress. Hopefully they will incorporate an advanced dive mode where we can set certain fields to our liking. Especially since they are pushing this as a "technically-savvy" computer as well.

Anyone having issues with the included screen protector?

I installed the screen guard on mine, seemed ok, went for a dive the next day and guess what? It's gone. It's like it didn't stick well. The screen was cleaned with lens cleaner and allowed to dry completely prior. Nice.

Edited to add:
To get my A300cs to work with my Macbook Pro, I had to first install the Aeris software on my PC, upgrade the A300 to firmware F, then it would talk to my Mac over USB.

It will not connect over Bluetooth, and my Mac does have Bluetooth 4.

Last edited:
As far as I know, the bluetooth connect is for iOS only at the moment.

Anyone having issues with the included screen protector?

I installed the screen guard on mine, seemed ok, went for a dive the next day and guess what? It's gone. It's like it didn't stick well. The screen was cleaned with lens cleaner and allowed to dry completely prior. Nice.

The screen protector came with directions that said to wash screen and do not the let screen dry.
Apply wet and smooth bubbles out. It even said to dip the protector in water just before applying it to screen. Call customer service for a new one.

I followed the directions, including dipping the protector in water. I said allowed to dry meaning the lens cleaner I used. I should have known I would end up having to explain that. I wonder if some of the lens cleaner was still there. Anyway, I will replace it. Not the end of the world.

The brown side is up and u need to peel off a plastic on the other side to get a sticky surface. This part goes on the glass. Use soapy water as adviced in the instruction

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi, i have just goy my a300 cs oled. I cannot connect the a300 to any computer or tablet via bluetooth, which apparently is a common problem!! I downloaded the usb driver and software interface from the cd-rom: the a300 screen indicates that is is connected by usb when i use the usb interface cable but whatever i enter in the software interface is not transfered, saved etc to the a300. Anyone can help? Thanks. Frank

---------- Post added September 15th, 2014 at 03:45 PM ----------

Very disappointed by the a300 cs. It is sold 1000 usd! but it does not do what it is supposed to do, eg no bluetooth, usb cable connection unreliable ( a300 says it is connected but computer/aeris software does not recognize the a300) and transfer between a300 and computer and vice versa don t work. The software is really lousy and support is very poor. A300 is only a dive computer with a transmitter, hence far too expensive! I regret my buy and will get rid of it to buy a galileo ( i preferred the a300 for its size but i feel cheated). Just my impression. Good for those who haven t had my problems with the a300.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom