A570IS for 122$ new at Frys.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pinepig

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just a heads up, our local Fry's has them on sale. I looked on the website and they are no longer there, but they have them in the store.

Picked one up for our Roatan trip, 4 more days.:D

Does it mean that it is getting out of date?

Awesome deal!

As for out of date, cameras are replaced with newer models about twice a year :wink: The 570 is still an excellent choice if someone is looking, imho. There's nothing in the newer A series that would make me spend the extra money.

Does it mean that it is getting out of date?

Well, yes, duh. Since, oh, about 20 years ago everything you buy like computers, cameras, phones, even your vacum cleaner is obsolete the day you purchase it and in this case it was obsolete two weeks ago. Big deal--it still takes excellent pics and most important it has the needed control flexibility and compatibility with housings and strobes and does not have a stupid 6X zoom which all in all means it makes an excellent under water snap shooter.

Let's see, the G9 has four times the price, has a honking huge snoze of a zoom that means the housings for it have huge honking ports that will NOTaccept any add on lenses which means the 570IS despite being obsolte two weeks ago and fewer MP (yawn--yawn--double yawn) is a better underwater camera.

N

Absolutely nothing wrong with the 570.

Other choices include the A720 and A650. Both have underwater housings from Canon.

Megapixel counts are different, but I believe all have optical image stabilization. I think the 570 is a 4x optical zoom, and the 720 and 650 are both 6x optical zoom.

Price point on the A720 is under $200 now I think, and is around $300 give or take, on the A650.

They'll all work great. Happy shooting!

Both the 720 ansd 650 have long zooms which require the square port housing which cannot accdept wet mounted lenses--that is not a good thing, that is a big, bad thing. N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom