A720IS Strobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ryan115

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I recently purchased the A720 and will be buying the WP-DC16 housing before my trip this fall. I have a friend who has the Sealife SL960 (not the Digital) for one of his cameras. I looked around a little bit and counldnt find an answer, but will this strobe work with my camera? Also what is the big difference between the regular and the digital strobe.

I recently purchased the A720 and will be buying the WP-DC16 housing before my trip this fall. I have a friend who has the Sealife SL960 (not the Digital) for one of his cameras. I looked around a little bit and couldn't find an answer, but will this strobe work with my camera? Also what is the big difference between the regular and the digital strobe.

The SL960 always fires with the first flash from the camera. Most digital cameras these days produce pre-flashes. The digital strobe allows you to ignore up to 3 of these pre-flashes. You need to turn these pre-flashes off to use the SL960. Try using manual mode on the camera, that usually turns off pre-flashes. You might also be able to get it to work by turning off red-eye pre-flash.
You can verify if it works if you take a flash picture of the strobe pointed towards you while it is on.
If your picture shows the strobe flashing, you know it works.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom