ABC Islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

-duracell-

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi guys!

We plan to go abc islands in july-august and we have few questions: if we just buy flights and go there can we find any accomondation there or do we have to book in advance hotel and dives there? We r plan to stay maybe 2 week in Bonaire and 1 week in Aruba and curacao. Have u any recommendations for budget travel there? :D

I would highly suggest you book your rooms and do it early. Often times the resorts fill up many months in advance.

I'd book in advance.

You mentioned budget travel; I don't know whether you also meant a budget stay. On Bonaire, Dive Hut is a fine place for a budget stay. Be mindful most rental trucks on Bonaire are manual transmission; an automatic may run around $150 extra, and should be booked in advance.

Richard.

I believe its always safer to book in advance. if you don't care where you stay I agree with the above but if you want a specific place book in advance. yes it the off season but doesn't mean that where you want isn't booked by the time you arrive.
I have stayed many times at the Black Durgon Inn. Its relatively inexpensive but its not for everyone but it works for us. On Curacao stayed at ALL West in Westpunt and highly recommend it. Both are reasonable but I am sure there are cheaper.

July and August are low season. I doubt you will have a problem finding accommodations once you arrive.

This is not a safe bet at all. While it is the low season and some of the smaller resorts may have space, the larger better known ones may well be full. I have planned a lot of trips to Bonaire in the July-Aug timeframe and have had to change resorts or put part of my group at another place because the resort I wanted was full. I make the reservations in the Dec/Jan time frame so last minute is dicey at best.

This is not a safe bet at all. While it is the low season and some of the smaller resorts may have space, the larger better known ones may well be full. I have planned a lot of trips to Bonaire in the July-Aug timeframe and have had to change resorts or put part of my group at another place because the resort I wanted was full. I make the reservations in the Dec/Jan time frame so last minute is dicey at best.
If he wants a specific location, of course he should make a reservation. My above comment does not apply to groups, only to a renter who does not really care where he stays. Further, I own a condo on Bonaire that is available for rent. I know what times of year it is most likely to be rented and the times of year when it is less likely to be rented. My condo is in a complex of studios, 1BR, 2 BR and 3BR units. When they are less likely to be rented is also in the summer months, just like mine. My comment merely implied that Bonaire will not be booked solid in July/August and it will be much easier to find accommodations then than in Feb/Mar when everything might be booked.

Back
Top Bottom