About he-pee-valves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divrr

New
Reaction score
My first post in the forum and I'll start with the pee valve setup.

To the point. I have struggled with the setup for a while now, my first try went south when the condom rubber bent shut in a 90 degree angle and I wet my self. Since then I have tried to fix the stiff hose so that it wont bend the actual rubber of the condom shut. Every instruction demonstrate the long rubber hose doing a loop, has anyone shortened the hose so that it goes straight from your dick to the actual valve in the suite? Is there any reason why the hose should be that long? I am using the non balanced setup, if it matters.

Picture of a working setup would be appreciated.

Thx in advance!

Keep some scissors handy, and cut the rubber portion of the catheter such that there will be no bend possible there.

I route the valve hose up from the valve (placed on my left leg near the crotch) up towards my bellybutton, then back down to the condom.

Yep. I thought of cutting it shorter, good idea.

Thx for the advice!

... make sure you're not wearing it when you do this ... :shocked:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I don't cut anything. I make sure I ram the valve hose right into the catheter so it can't fold over on its self. I also loop over the top and down to the valve.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep. I thought of cutting it shorter, good idea.

Thx for the advice!

OF THE CATHETER!!!!! (Not the p-valve hose)

Keep some scissors handy, and cut the rubber portion of the catheter such that there will be no bend possible there.
That works and I've done it that way for years, but be careful to ensure that the hard plastic connector isn't going to make contact with your urethra. Not a part you want to get scratched/cut/dinged up, and that damn connector can manage to do it during a dive depending on how things are setup. The longer catheter tip helps prevent that...

Unfortunately know this from experience.

The Pee Valve comes with manuals that will let you know the manufacturer's guidance for hose length. Some people keep the hose as long as it comes out of the box. Either way, routing so you don't get kinks or cutting to manufacturer recommended length works. You will just need to see how it will fit when horizontal vs vertical putting the suit on. Personally I don't like the extra length of hose that goes up, double loop, back down, loop again then to the catheter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom