about my knee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gert7to3 and H2Andy, thank you very much for your interested :) , ı will be more carefully..

I have to agree with the smaller fins, I recently changed fins and it has made a world of diferance. (pm me if you want the gory details) Also kicking technique might be an issue, don't go as hard, slow and gentle sculling of the feet (again a really good instructor helped me with this as I can not do standard kicks, after a while even flutter kick started to hurt) Put you gear on in the water, use a cart, use your budy, and don't be afraid to go slow. Diving is one of the few things that dosenot hurt me, I hope it can be the same for you!

What happened to your knee? How did you rotate it 45 degrees? Probably overload trauma, right? But why did the knee give out? Ligaments and tendons can tear no doubt, when overloaded, but sometimes, some people have decreased tonicity (internal strength) in their ligs & tendons, and the knee joint at the menisucus gets damanged. What I'm saying is that your body should hold you together, even in times of damage stress. Your's blew. OK. So what happened?

After the trauma, that means now for you huh?, <grinning> determine the functionality of the whole lower extremity system: the knees both sides, the feet & ankles, the hips & pelvis, and the lower back. Yeah...all that, not just the damaged knee. You gotta think globally, and whole body when you injure even one part of the functional sub-assembly. Think about it: the stresses put on the other parts of your lower extrems because of the injury make them overwork. Now, as you're healing the knee, watch out for over-utilzation injuries and stresses caused by the first thing-the knee injury. Isn't that wild?

Back to the knee: What did you do so far to fix it? What's up with it? How strong is it? Certainly tanks and stuff are very heavy. Especially the get-up and get-off the boat, when it's rolling heavy. That's where you could jack it up again, so be careful. In water, no problem, except for the kicking on the fins like others have mentioned. Trust your own innate voice. What does it tell you you can do? On fixing the knee, major damage dude! 45 degrees? Ouch!

Recommendation? Heal up the knee and make sure the rest of your spine\pelvis\hips\knees\ankles\feet work well and carry you on your own weight, before you tank up and add more load on the damaged body. Dig? Do whatever you do to heal up your knee. The way we do that over here in my office is we make sure the whole functional system is working par and better before adding weight load\work load. Vertebral adjustments\extremity work\muscle work\stretching\tissue healing and regeneration. All the stuff it takes to heal-not just drugs to cover up the pain. Watch your nutritional levels-keep them up. It takes high nutrition to heal tissue damage. Watch for scar tissue formation and functional impairment. Treat those. Ask me how. <grinning>

Best of luck fellow diver. Re-injuries are common, so be careful.

page crow DC

What happened to your knee? How did you rotate it 45 degrees? Probably overload trauma, right? But why did the knee give out?

hi page crow,

when &#305; was preaparing to sports academy exams that happened. &#305; was on a volleybal match. when &#305; spiked suddenly &#305; felt a hurt on my knee and it was become a huge knee. &#305; went to doctor get an MR and he said; your tendoms are broke off and your knee was rotate 45degrees.. so menisucus was damage too
&#305; got some exercise for get well but some times it hurts still.

thank u very much for your suggestions :)

Thank you for your reply. Interesting. I grew up around incredible volleyball players. The vertical on some of these men & women you wouldn't believe. Naturally, the compressive stresses on the knees & ankles when the body comes down to the court or sand are intense. OK.

As a chiropractor, I'm going to ask you to think about your body in a different way than if I talked to you like a medical doctor. Instead of just paying all the attention to the one obvious injured joint, let's look at the whole lower body: the spine, the pelvis joints, the hips, the knees both sides, both ankles and both feet.

Back up now. Obviously, the blow-out trauma in the knee needs to be handled by a good ortho medic. "Clean up the meniscus" and all that. (I hear about that surgery all the time.) The lateral collateral ligaments tore loose too, right? Probably had to to allow 45 degrees abnormal rotation. Cruciates? That's the ligaments that keep the tibia from moving too far forward and backward on the femur in the knee joint.

Important note: ligaments tie bone to bone. Tendons tie muscle to bone.

Did you tear quad muscles tendons?

The reason it still hurts is because you body is talking to you. You may still have tissue stress causing the firing-off of mechanoreceptors. (That's nerves that send a message to your brain to tell you something is wrong.) It is not correct to cover up this pain with drugs. Taking pain pills or injecting drugs into the joint covers up the pain, so you don't realize you are perpetuating more tissue damage, and further destruction of the joint.

Major traumas to a major joint, like you have created, often take further study to determine WHY you blew out the knee. In your case, it was the weak-link in the lower extremities sub-assembly. Get what I'm saying here: The whole lower system is designed to work together. The knee gave out probably due to incredible stresses placed upon it during the volleyball game, but also (theory being suggested here) due to the weakness in this knee from precursor factors.

The three precursor factors I suggest are:
1. Add up every earlier injury in your life to the low back, pelvis, hips, knees, ankles and feet. You are a collection of your life's injuries and life experiences. Your body remembers... <grinning> Ask any old man.

2. Trophic nerve supply-The root word "troph" means "to grow" or "life force". The Chinese call this "qi". A component of your nervous system's functions is to send nerve flow energy from your brain, down your spinal cord, out into your extremities, right down to the very muscles, tendons and ligaments that hold you together. We chiros perpetually teach others about the concept of subluxation of the spine (vertebral column). A subluxation can be defined as dysfunction, decreased movability, fixation, abnormal function etc., of any particular inter-vertebral joint (articulation). The spinal nerves that emit from within the vertebral column can become impinged or compressed, creating inflammation and abnormal nerve flow to and from the body. This abnormal condition of qi flow can weaken the integrity or hold-ability of your muscles, tendons and ligaments. Decreased qi flow, over-burden the joint, and the joint blows out.

3. Pre-existing dysfunction in any of the lower extrems including the spine can set you up for injury. And most people and I mean really MOST people do not realize their body is not working up to full potential. Simply put-stuck pelvis can give rise to knee injury during sport stress. It's not just the athletic injury by itself. Or weakened ankle that has had many lateral collateral injuries (common with volleyball players) can give rise to bum knee. Dig it?

It will take many moons to mend the body and the knee. As you note that knee continuing to talk to you, be aware that other parts of your body may need attention. Find a good chiro in Turkey, they work in that country, and have him examine the COMPLETE lower extremities functionality. You'd be amazed what you might be overlooking. Pre-existing conditions that set you up for injury? Common.

Joint work, soft-tissue work (the muscles), comprehensive stretching of all the articulations of the lower back, pelvis, knees and ankles, good nutrition for tissue repair and anti-inflammatory action. These all work well to heal the extrems.

Best of luck fellow diver. If you have any more questions about this, feel free to contact me (broadcast or private message, no problem).

page crow DC

Important note: ligaments tie bone to bone. Tendons tie muscle to bone.

Did you tear quad muscles tendons?
:banghead:

Yes, in fact,my tendons teared

Obviously, the blow-out trauma in the knee needs to be handled by a good ortho medic. "Clean up the meniscus" and all that. (I hear about that surgery all the time.) The lateral collateral ligaments tore loose too, right?

yea right... My doc. is saying you have to get an atroskopi and your knee-cap has to be settled (as before) but we have a problem too about that &#305; guess.. he is not saying 'yes if u get atroskopi u will be OK' so &#305; cant dare :( and &#305; cant dare for diving still here.

page crow DC; thak u very very much to you. you are so helpfull to me.. thank u very much again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom