Abu Galum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divezonescuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
This last year, I was interested in diving in Abu Galum. I was told that it was full of trash and would not be worth my time. As a result, it went to the bottom of the list and I never made it there. I was wondering if that is actually the way it is?

I dove there 30 years ago took a camel there with scuba tanks on its back, it was excellent.

I think it's still camel ride first, no other ways to get there.
As i was told that camel ride can be a painful experience for your lower back...

lol, I will never forget that ride, it was as exciting as the dive. A mountain on my left side the Red sea on my right 1000 meter deep, I was told. The path is narrow like a one way, with boulder, rocks ect. a horse could not travel there. I could not believe that a camel can until I did it. When sitting on a camel, I was 10 feet off the ground, higher than any SUV. The camel is the most capable off road vehicle I ever used, and very comfortable, and I had just an average camel, they also had sport camels that had muscles popping out like a Pitbull on steroids. Those camels are not for tourist use.

One thing I remember from the dive was a huge perfectly healthy brain coral 30 feet in diameter, the biggest and healthiest I have ever seen in my life.

I hope the place still looks the same and not full of trash etc.

Back
Top Bottom