Abuse of marine life by Scuba Schools of America.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fgray1:
You guys should spend more time trying to care as much about people as you do animals.
Wonder how many emails you sent to "Save the Childern". Wait a minute they walk up right so they do count. Spend more time worring about your fellow man the animals will take care of them selves.

That was unnecessary and unfair. Caring about animal rights does not preclude someone from caring about human rights as well (unless of course you are talking about the human's rights to molest animals). Not to mention that this happens to be the ecosystems and preservation forum, not the humans in need forum.

I happen to place the good of mankind above the good of animals, and as such I am also one of those people who conducts research on experimental animals in order to try to contribute to solving or managing the world's AIDS epidemic. Don't get me wrong, I don't enjoy sacrificing animals in my work, but I feel that I have my priorities in check. Now to needlessly stress out animals for your own pleasure is something entirely different, and I view as an unnecessary evil.

squee!:
That was unnecessary and unfair. Caring about animal rights does not preclude someone from caring about human rights as well (unless of course you are talking about the human's rights to molest animals). Not to mention that this happens to be the ecosystems and preservation forum, not the humans in need forum.QUOTE]

Thank you for stating what shouldn't even have to be said!! How obvious can it be! Maybe some of us even care about animal rights BECAUSE we also are concerned with humanity and it's future on this planet that we share with the ANIMALS!! yikes!

Fred doesn't much care to save our flora or fauna, though he's still an alright guy in my book (he'll probably make an exception for blind cave shrimp, though)

maybe if we convince him that we ARE trying to save human beings (in the long run),
he'll donate five bucks to Greenpeace

:eyebrow:

The statements speak for themselves.
If there's no guilt then there's no need in being defensive.
I help underprivledged people all the time. Seems a better thing to do.
ANDY don't hold your breath. I'd donate to something that would make GREEN PIECES.
The animals will be here long after we're gone. After all we're just animals ourselves.
If you don't believe me just ask a shark or maybe a polarbear, even a hippo, or any of the animals that would kill you in a heart beat if given the chance.
But then you would say thats just them doing what comes natural. Well so are we.

fgray1:
But then you would say thats just them doing what comes natural. Well so are we.

that don't mean it's the smart thing to do

(also, fred, i was kidding about the Greenpeace donation, but i got
a new cycle and you got to go riding with me)

H2Andy:
that don't mean it's the smart thing to do

(also, fred, i was kidding about the Greenpeace donation, but i got
a new cycle and you got to go riding with me)
I'll donate $5 to the Put-Andy-Back-Together-After-The-Next-Cycle-Wreck fund. :laughing:

DandyDon:
I'll donate $5 to the Put-Andy-Back-Together-After-The-Next-Cycle-Wreck fund. :laughing:

dude, send me the check ASAP!

:eyebrow:

Andy, Glad you are back to your old self.

ANDY BACK ON 2 WHEELS
Now that I would donate to.
(after all Andy is a human) ( I think) :)
Everyone needs to ride. I was out yesterday all day.
Did you get the same kinda bike?

fgray1:
The statements speak for themselves.
If there's no guilt then there's no need in being defensive.
I help underprivledged people all the time. Seems a better thing to do.

I think what people are trying to tell you is that it's all connected.

fgray1:
The animals will be here long after we're gone. After all we're just animals ourselves.
If you don't believe me just ask a shark or maybe a polarbear, even a hippo, or any of the animals that would kill you in a heart beat if given the chance.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be a jerk, but those two statements are just plain wrong.

A look at the extinction rates of the last two centuries makes it pretty clear that a great many of the animals will not survive us. Some will, of course. We all know the roaches, pigeons and rats are doing okay, but all the others are having a pretty tough time of it.

Also.. A hippo, shark, or polar bear, wolf, mountain lion or any other animal will NOT kill you given half the chance. They will run away if they have the chance. Have you ever seen a shark? If so, did it kill you? If you have not, find someone who has seen a shark and then check to see if they're dead. We're pretty defenseless in the shark's environment. There's not much standing in its way if it wanted to kill us.

Okay, now I'm really curious about this phiolosophy. You say people are animals and you feel it's okay to treat a shark the way you perceive a shark would treat us. But then why do you help people? There's plenty of people who would rob you if they had the chance. You could just as easily rob them and say you're just doing what comes naturally.

It appears that you aspire to better behavior in your conduct with people even though nothing is forcing you to. Why doesn't this translate to the rest of the animal kingdom.

The thought process seems kind of bizarre. I'd expect it from someone who harbors the illusion that human beings are wholly separate from the animal kingdom. But you aknowledge that we are not. So then why the selective morality?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom