ABWA - 2nd Annual Feb Dive.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Clay,
Wish I could have made the trip. I am on a cruise February 2009! Anyone ever cruise Mexico from NO (besides Michael)?
Howard

I enjoyed diving ABWA even if I did have to invoke my "three strike" rule. It was good to finally get to meet Mwhites and dive with Mike Loyco again. I only got in one dive, 75', sailboat, bus, and the pipes.

My three strikes went like this; As soon as I pulled into the ABWA parking lot- a crown pops off of one of my teeth (strike one). On our first dive I unclipped my spg at about 70', checked my gas, and then when I attempted to clip it back off I got the mother of all cramps in my left hand. My hand would cramp every time I tried to clip off my spg. (strike two). We ended the dive and surfaced after about 31 minutes. We hung out in the water at the dock while planning our next dive. After about 15 minutes at the surface I just got too cold even diving dry and I called it (strike three).

ABWA will still be there when I go back, and I will go back there!

Clay,
Wish I could have made the trip. I am on a cruise February 2009! Anyone ever cruise Mexico from NO (besides Michael)?
Howard

I have, it was 7 years ago however on the Carnival Holiday. I really enjoyed it, although I didn't dive at that time =]

Yep 3 times im from the Big Easy, Happy Mardi Gras today everyone. I love crusing out of N.O. the ride down the river is nice and pretty historic as you can see lots of old buildings along the way. And when you get back you can just keep partying!! Have Fun

The water temp (according to my computer) was 52 degrees. Brrrrr!

The air was pretty nippy in the morning, but it warmed up around noon.....
I finally understand what is meant by "ice cream headache". I didn't think it was possible from just being in cold water. Ouch!

I got to meet ... someone from the Lake Lanier Loony Birds...didn't get a chance to touch base with anyone else from Scubaboard...

I think I was the Lone Looney so it must have been me. Were you the guy diving without a hood? Man! :D It was a B-E-A-Utiful day to dive dry! Visibility wasn't as good as it was a month ago, but away from the platforms and down around 70 odd feet it was a good 20' vis. I did four dives, three of them I didn't go further than the 20' platform as I was working on drills. MUCH better on my buoyancy and trim in the new d/s (don't think I need those gaiters I ordered...), I was able to air share just fine, pick up and drop stages etc. Still struggling with valve shutdowns though and still cannot back kick. My fourth dive I went with Tim From and two advanced students, lost Tim (that guy is the fastest swimmer in doubles I've ever seen) and since I was carrying well over 200 cu ft decided to be a leisurely tourist and just poke around at 70 odd feet and annoy the fish for a while.

Great day, I'll be back March 1st for some more.

I love my dry suit!

Good times and great friends. Great to meet some new people. Soory some of you did not make it. You missed out. Sort of.

snep, thanks for the invite wish I could have made it! Next time hopefully, and I'll bring some good Trappist beer with me!

Hey snep I have heard a few others mention springfest, what and where is this springfest?
It should be fun. If it is half as fun as last Octobers' Vortoberfest, It will be great. It will be at Vortex. Many people will hit the other springs and mayb even the gulf during the weekend of fun. I guess we will have a big cookout on Saturday night. Maybe drink a few brewskies or 10. Hope to see ye there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom