Abyss hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

h90

Contributor
Reaction score
I have the Mares Abyss 2005 and need either a longer or short hose (not finish considering whats better). That hose should be a bit different than the "normal" ones, because I got from two shops that they don't have it.
Preferable I would like an online shop in USA (I stay in Thailand, but Mares Thailand is terrible so I better import one).

H90,

We have a 7' hose to go with the Abyss regulator. This is a part that "most" stores do not stock. They are in our warehouse and can be ordered. Part #46184449. We do not make a smaller hose.

Hope this helps.

Zak OHara:
H90,

We have a 7' hose to go with the Abyss regulator. This is a part that "most" stores do not stock. They are in our warehouse and can be ordered. Part #46184449. We do not make a smaller hose.

Hope this helps.
Zak OHara, thanks for the info, but what can I do if I want to use an Inflator Regulator instead of an Octopus? Than I need to have a a long hose on the primary so I can give it to my buddy. I saw some adaptor, but if I get it right, the Mares Abyss hose is improved for airflow, so going with an adaptor on a different hose would mean I loose that advantage. I don't think I am worldwide the only one with that idea, or?

It is not so much that the hose is improved. It is the low pressure port dedicated to the primary. This port has our patented DFC which improves airflow. Due to the design of this port it requires a 1/2" diameter hose. If you get a 1/2" adapter and use a different hose you will be ok, as the air is controlled by the 1st stage not the hose, although it will have to push it through a smaller diameter hose which could nominally effect performance. As I said earlier we do have a 7' hose for the Abyss.

It's up to you.

If you contact us, we can order one for you. (We're a Mares dealer in Pattaya, Thailand)

Back
Top Bottom