ACI 2.2 D/L data when Computer is in Metric

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

darkman0101

Registered
Reaction score
I've just tried saving my first dives from my Atmos AI using ACI 2.2.0 Built 05.07.08.
The computer is set in Metric (and was during the dives). I also read the settings into ACI from the computer using the tool in ACI and ACI has picked up that the computer is in metric.

However, when I download the dives from the computer, they are loaded in Imperial (ft, psi etc).

Is this a known bug, and is there a fix?

Thanks in advance,
Jason

The Pelagic computers always record information in Imperial units and use the current metric/Imperial option to display the data appropriately. This simplifies the code that saves the profile information...likely the sensors return Imperial values which are simply stored in memory and then when displaying the data, a transform is applied to show whichever metric units. The only other effect that the metric units option has is with the settings for max depth, stop depth, turn pressure, end pressure, etc. The actual profile will still be in Imperial.

I confirmed this by doing a dive in metric mode and downloading the computer's memory dump and examining the profile data.

Also, you mentioned that the settings showed that indeed you were in metic mode, which is correct since the settings are separate from the profile data.

ACI should allow you to see the dive information in which ever units you want (again taking the profile information in Imperial and applying a transform for visualization), but I'm not sure that feature is working... Perhaps Doug can weigh in here and put some pressure on the developers to fix that part of the application.

ACI should allow you to see the dive information in which ever units you want (again taking the profile information in Imperial and applying a transform for visualization), but I'm not sure that feature is working... Perhaps Doug can weigh in here and put some pressure on the developers to fix that part of the application.

Thanks AndyDragon,
it was the "change Units of Measure" button that I was missing on each Dive Profile. I just (wrongly) assumed that if the DC was set to Metric, then Metric units would be displayed by ACI.

J

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom