Acquiring SOP's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snowbear:

Thanks for the information. I will review it and take it into our consideration. I do agree that SOP's and SOG's can get so involved, that there is NO WAY to remember, implement, and abide by them. I have seen this many times. It really gets time consuming to dictate procedures for every potential situation you may face. SOG's with good training of personnel who are capable of evaluating conditions and making informed decisions seems to work best.

Thanks,

Dan

Hi all,

I am the deputy director of the dive team in our area and we have some exhautive sog's if you are interested...

These were derived from many different sources, help yourself to whatever you need...

http://pedaler.com/html/unit_sog_s.html

Hi, was hoping someone might be able to direct me to a strictly Law Enforcement geared SOP. My agency is looking at starting a Recovery unit, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dive Team SOP Assistance Project

This project has been ongoing since 1997. I currently have over 100 Dive Team SOPs on file. These are provided to you to help you build or revise your own team SOPs. The file that we send first is a relatively large file that contains complete dive team SOPs from numerous departments.

If your team has existing SOPs and YOU have not submitted them for inclusion to our archives, we probably do not have them. Please consider sending us a copy.

We also offer an equipment program for PSD teams than helps to get the equipment you need at better than average prices. Write to me for bids or information.

To apply for either of these FREE services, email to Mark Phillips at mphill9929@aol.com. Include your name, department, complete contact information and a general description of your team and average water conditions.

Also – We now publish a monthly E-zine called PSDiver Monthly. You are welcome to subscribe for free and to share this free subscription link with your team members. Go to: www.psdiversmonthly.com and follow the links to the site.

Thanks,
Mark Phillips
Administrator - SOP Project
Editor/Publisher - PSDiver Monthly

We are trying to write SOP/SOG's our dept covers Lakes, ponds, Large River and some ocean area.

afdpm2:
We are trying to write SOP/SOG's our dept covers Lakes, ponds, Large River and some ocean area.

I will be happy to help. Please email me directly at mphill9929@aol.com. It will help to know the type of department you have, how large your team is, current training levels, type of water most common to your dive area and any other pertinent informatino that would help us customize an assistance package for you.

Mark Phillips
SOP Project

Gary D.:
...get ahold of Seattle's team. They have, or at least used to have a good strict one. They have a real wide varity of conditions they have to work in. Kind of like what all of us have combined.

Gary D.
Seattle P.D. is revamping the SOP and Safe Practices Manual -- admin. is currently reviewing it.
As for water conditions in Seattle, it is true there is a variety, but no real swift water (Duwamish River is the only real river) or ice (rare).

Gary D.:
Try this link for e-mailing them. There was a big mess with Seattle PD and the Fire Department that I think is settled. King county should be OK.

http://members.aol.com/cpratt1010/Rescue1.htm
Gary D.
As for contacting Seattle P.D., the above link is for a SAR team out of King County. They're probably a very skilled and competent team but they are not the Seattle P.D. Harbor Patrol Unit -- different groups. SPD Harbor is finalizing their website though there is precious little about the dive team on the site -- I'll post the address when it's "gone public".

We have added a page of Dive Team SOPS to the www.psdivermonthly.com web site. Here you can download a variety of SOPS / SOGS for your dive team that will give you a blueprint to help you create your own. SOPS for Fire, Law Enforcement, Government, Independent dive teams as well as ICE Rescue / Recovery are included.

www.psdivermonthly.com.

PSDiver Monthly is a free Internet e-zine and a subscription box is on the home page. You do not have to subscribe to gain access to the site or the features.

Mark Phillips
PSDiverMonthly

Back
Top Bottom