Votes: 48 16.0%
  • 61 to 70

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • 71 +

Votes: 2 0.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

48 and a Sea Hunt fan as well.

I am living my second childhood and trying to do all the things I always wanted to do.

Lucky for me the wife supports this and it does keep me from quitting my job.

Also got my sons involved and it has been a good bonding thing.

Just certified in March of this year and did dive number 20 last weekend.

Mike

OMG!! There's hope for me, yet! I want to learn, I'm 45, and I'm in the leading group! WHOOOOOOOOT! :D

What Would Mike Nelson Do?

Remember that more recently "Mike Nelson" has played various baffoon characters. Airplane, All of the Police Academy flicks, etc, etc.

Sooooo When my daughter is discussing her wedding plans, I think ........ WWMND? Then I suggest that instead of spending lots of money for a traditional wedding, we spend the money going to Bonaire and diving (let those who want to come to the wedding pay their own way). I get "that" look ... Daaaaad?

It's fun.

Rich Hagelin

Vixyswillie once bubbled...
OMG!! There's hope for me, yet! I want to learn, I'm 45, and I'm in the leading group! WHOOOOOOOOT! :D
There certainly is hope for you!!! My mum started her open water when she was 61, so go for it, you won't regret it! :)

divebunnie once bubbled...
There certainly is hope for you!!! My mum started her open water when she was 61, so go for it, you won't regret it! :)

Lovin' that! =-) Thanks for the encouragement, divebunnie! I'm seriously considering the 1-week crash course at the end of July with Rich Murchison in Alabama. I'm stoked! :D

I'm 53 and my wife is 48 and we took up diving last year and try to do about 4-5 dives a month. We dive in the chilly waters of the PNW all year round and just love it. :bounce:

Just about to turn 31-

And for the first time associated the words Dive AND safety.

Before that it was either wiffleball, or sure let me grab this old bcd/reg and hit that ocean where all the waves are...

yikes!

funny...
I'm 22...I had older friends that got me into diving when I was 15. To this day I still can't thank them enough.

Exact same story for me except that my "older friends" were my parents. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom