Active Divers over the age of 50

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure if this is the right place for this thread. I am curious as to how many SB members, who are still active divers, are over the age of 50? Also, how long they have been diving, how often they dive, and what types of diving they do?
I’m 52. Was certified in 1991 but didn’t dive from 195 until 2022. SInce picking up diving again, I have become a divemaster and am now working on my SSI instructor certification. I should add that I am in better shape and healthier now than when I was 22

I am 58. Certified on 1978 but really did not start until 1996. Currently diving from the shore with rebreather and scooter once per week + 1 liveaboard every year. Also dive on recreational OC from time to time.

Hi!
I'm like Vertologist, 61 yo, newly certified last summer as OW. Did Discover Scuba in Roatan last winter and was hooked! Got home and took classes. Heading to South Florida on June 23rd for a dive trip and so can't wait. :p:p

64, certified in 1981, 800+ dives.Bass Strait, MtGambier sink holes in my youth. Since the travel bug bit, , I have been to New Guinea, New Zealand , Niue, Phillipines, Chuuk, Sunda Straits, Krakatoa, Brunei, Bali, Palau. We (I am a toy boy btw)have dived Bali, Chuuk, Niue, Great Barrier Reef, Coral Sea, Bass Strait, NSW coast together. Since we have been an item she has also been to Raj Ampat and Komodo, and before that Mozambique and the wild coast. We are leaving tomorrow for a live aboard in the Maldives.

It is better to wear out than rust out

Back
Top Bottom