Active Divers over the age of 50

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's a start...
Thanks Scuba_Jenny. …also got the lowdown from Ray Marcantel, an instructor friend in Va. Beach, VA. He loves it and dives it whenever he is down that way.
Scott G. Bonser
giantfroginthepool

73 years old, diving since 1967 (First Certified - YMCA), Diving 3-4 days a week, 2-3 dives a day over 9K dives. I work as Photo Pro and Dive Manager at Turquoise Divers (Subway Watersports) at Turquoise Bay Dive & Beach Resort on Roatan Island, Honduras. I love my job!
Visited Roatan last January on a dive trip and loved it! Understand why you love your job.

Visited Roatan last January on a dive trip and loved it! Understand why you love your job.
Yes, I always wanted a ‘SCUBA’ job as I got a taste for underwater archaeology as a volunteer. State of Virginia cut a lot out of their budget so I stuck w/Engineering and Community Planning. Other opportunities just never panned out. THAT would have really racked up my dive numbers for sure.

You have a fantastic job, count it as a ‘Blessing’.

Scott G. Bonser
giantfroginthepool

Just done my first week long liveaboard in a long while. I'm not the man I used to be :(
…none of us are anymore. I just feel good to be able to continue to ‘make bubbles’ and watch the fish ( …feed ‘em too if I have some food…) Yes I have age-related conditions that keep self-imposed restrictions on my diving, …but I will be where I intend to be.

giantfroginthepool

50+ years old
40+ years diving

After all these years, I've just became an instructor. So yes, I'm an active diver.

Casual diver, mostly boat dives to wrecks and underwater photography. Occasional shore, cave and tech dives.

…none of us are anymore. I just feel good to be able to continue to ‘make bubbles’ and watch the fish ( …feed ‘em too if I have some food…) Yes I have age-related conditions that keep self-imposed restrictions on my diving, …but I will be where I intend to be.

giantfroginthepool

I could keep up, but a few aches, nothing serious. SAC is worse than it used to be, maybe just a reflection of lack of recent diving more than age. Collapsed in to bed every night. Days of diving all day and drinking all night are gone!

I could keep up, but a few aches, nothing serious. SAC is worse than it used to be, maybe just a reflection of lack of recent diving more than age. Collapsed in to bed every night. Days of diving all day and drinking all night are gone!
..Amen to that, my friend. Despite the challenges, …still ‘doin’ it’
giantfroginthepool

Not sure if this is the right place for this thread. I am curious as to how many SB members, who are still active divers, are over the age of 50? Also, how long they have been diving, how often they dive, and what types of diving they do?
67, diving since 1975, CCR trimix now once a month

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom