Additional Fees for UW Photogs in Anilao?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clgsamson:
:11: but but how can I finance the cars, the cameras, lenses, dive trips? :D
you finance my diving i'll finance yours... sounds like a good deal to me... what say you? :eyebrow:

Jag

clgsamson:
:11: but but how can I finance the cars, the cameras, lenses, dive trips? :D
care to give me a piece of the pie? hehehehe

getting serious, i've seen some reports on how much they have collected since they started implementing these fees. but there is no report on how they are using these stupid fees for the so-called "conservation" of the area. so what happens now? in eseentially raising the price of diving in the area, they are killing off tourism by turning off people who go to the area. i've seen the reefs in Anilao grow since i started diving some 11 years now. i've i even felt the shock wave of dynamite fishing way back. you don't need fees to conserve a natural habitat. what you need are responsible divers who know what they are doing & give a damn about the cleanliness of their playground. some sites have already begun recuperating from those blastings & cyanide from years before. flora & fauna has started coming back to the different areas. you don't need fees for these.

pakman:
Guess I'll be going back to the Visayas... Never been a fan of Anilao. More so now if they go ahead with this photog fee...

easy for you guys to say that. but for us divers from metro manila, this is going to be a big blow. anilao is like our backyard and we need to do something about it. it is a fact that diving in the visayas (and probably also in mindanao) is a lot better than in anilao. but anilao is the most accessible dive destination ifor us who live in the metro. yes there is subic, but it cannot compare with anilao.

...think i better start looking for alternate dive sites in navotas?

boljakool:
easy for you guys to say that. but for us divers from metro manila, this is going to be a big blow. anilao is like our backyard and we need to do something about it. it is a fact that diving in the visayas (and probably also in mindanao) is a lot better than in anilao. but anilao is the most accessible dive destination ifor us who live in the metro. yes there is subic, but it cannot compare with anilao.

...think i better start looking for alternate dive sites in navotas?

Well I think that's why the "powers to be" need to wake up. If they do slap this fee on, we FOREIGNERS (or at least the one's with silly cameras), will just go somewhere else. They are only going to hurt the locals,-Manila-based local divers and the local resorts, as tourists take their dollars/ won/ yen/ euro/ rupee somewhere else....

pakman:
Well I think that's why the "powers to be" need to wake up. If they do slap this fee on, we FOREIGNERS (or at least the one's with silly cameras), will just go somewhere else. They are only going to hurt the locals,-Manila-based local divers and the local resorts, as tourists take their dollars/ won/ yen/ euro/ rupee somewhere else....
i have stone money

shugar:
then go buy yourself a wife or something

Jag
right, will try to find one your size...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom